You are hereHome › Council Meeting Highlights August 15, 2016
Canada's warmest welcome ®* February 23 2018
Council Meeting Highlights August 15, 2016
Pink Shirt Day (Erase Bullying) on February 28, 2018
Osoyoos Family Day Disco Skate on February 12
2017/2018 Osoyoos Conert Series - Songs of the Southern Belles
OFFICE CLOSED (2018)
Invitation Special Open Budget/Capital Plan Meeting on January 18
The Osoyoos Art Gallery - Driven to Abstraction II
South Okanagan Chamber of Commerce - Lunch & Learn
SOAP Theatre Presents OLD LOVE
Family Toboggan Party on January 28 at Mt. Baldy
South Okanagan Chamber of Commerce - Chamber 101
Osoyoos Concert Series Presents The Paperboys January 25
Osoyoos Lake Water Quality Society - Burger & Beer Fundraiser
SOCC - Business Promoting Business Networking Night
Council Meeting Highlights January 15, 2018
2018 Osoyoos Photography Club presents Frame by Frame
Explore In-Demand Careers
Desert Valley Hospice Society - Supportive Care Day Program
Desert Valley Hospice Society - Hearts of Hands
2018 Chamber of Commerce South Okanagan AGM
The 2018 United Way Community Appreciation Celebration
Council Meeting Highlights August 15, 2016
- The public were invited to speak before Council on Official Community Plan Amendment Bylaw 1230.15, 2016 and Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1085.94, 2016. These bylaws deal with changing the Zoning from R7 to R3 Duplexes.
COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE MEETING
- Brenda Dorosz, Gaye Horne and Jen Sheils gave a presentation on the “Giving Cupboard”. They would like to keep the “giving cupboard” for travel or low income families and would like to include personal hygiene products, eventually pencils, paper, stickers, envelopes that are pre-stamped. To be built by someone in the community and installed by the Town of Osoyoos near the Art Gallery. Council thought that the idea was a good one and staff were directed to bring back a report on the “Giving Cupboard” to the next Regular Council meeting.
- Director of Corporate Services, Janette Van Vianen presented a report on Conflict of Interest.
- Council directed staff to submit the school closure issue for presentation to the UBCM Small Talk forum.
REGULAR OPEN MEETING
- Council authorized the Operational Services department to commission TRUE Consulting (at a cost to Robert’s Point subdivision) to create a cost estimate for providing the Roberts Point subdivision with Town of Osoyoos domestic water.
- Council directed administration to write a letter of support for the Lake Osoyoos Sailing Club.
- Council directed administration to write a letter of support to the Highway 3 coalition for their endeavors to develop the rebranding strategy.
- Recreation Services Fees and Charges Amendment Bylaw No. 1180.10, 2016 was read a first, second and third time. This Bylaw amends some of the recreation rates and the administration fees for the Subsidy Policy.
- Council Indemnity Bylaw No. 1323, 2016 was read a first, second and third time. This Bylaw increases the remuneration for the Mayor by 15% and Councillors’ by 5%.
- Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1085.100, 2016 (Site Specific Permitted Use for Airport property) was adopted. This Bylaw is to amend Zoning Bylaw No. 1085, 1998 to include the following uses: .10 indoor automotive storage, repair and restoration, and sales; and .11 caretaker suite with a maximum floor area of 100 m2.
- Council directed that the signatories for the Town of Osoyoos be authorized to sign an Addendum Agreement with Deleau Enforcement Services outlining the Freedom of Information (FOI) obligations.
- Council approved amended Policy HR-004 Association Memberships.
- Council approved an amendment to Policy HR-015 – Town Vehicle Use – Business and Personal.
- Council approved awarding the contract for the Landfill Stage 2 Final Cover Excavation & Stockpile to Triahn Enterprises Ltd. at a cost of $37,800.00.
- Council directed administration to obtain a legal opinion on whether the Town can regulate, through business licensing, the rental criteria of motorized water crafts and to send a letter to Transportation Canada expressing Council’s concerns for public safety of motorized watercraft rentals.
- Council directed administration to set up a community celebration for the Gyro Park Grand Opening for September 14, 2016 from 5:30-7:30pm.
- Mayor McKortoff and Councillor Campol thanked all the groups who make it possible for the local events happening in the community this summer and encouraged everyone to look online at what is happening locally.
- Councillors King and Youngberg would like to remind everyone that it is Race Day at Desert Park this coming weekend.
- Councillor King advised that the lake was open for Sockeye fishing.
- Councillor Youngberg advised everyone that #7 on the women’s basketball team in the Olympics is from Oliver.
- Mayor McKortoff attended Music in the Park where local groups are performing.
- Mayor McKortoff advised that the Naden Band from Esquimalt will be attending the last Music in the Park being held on August 27th.
- Mayor McKortoff attended the 16th Annual Romancing the Desert and celebrated the 25th Anniversary of the Desert Centre.
- The last street dance was held last weekend and thank you to the volunteers who put on this great event.
- Mayor McKortoff attended the Star Party at Mount Kobau.
- Mayor McKortoff advised there are lots of activities occurring in the community and was thankful for all the visitors who are in our community.
Copies of reports are available within the Council Agenda packages located on the Town’s website www.osoyoos.ca.
The public is encouraged to attend the Committee of the Whole meetings which take place in Council Chambers at 9:00AM on the morning of the Regular Open Council meetings at 2:00 PM to learn additional in-depth information regarding upcoming business.
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Special Events
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Parks and Trails Master Plan
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Role of Member of Council
- Regular Council Meeting
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Apply for a Building Permit
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Pay my Property Taxes
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam