You are hereHome › Council Meeting Highlights for December 2, 2013
Canada's warmest welcome ®* March 17 2018
Council Meeting Highlights for December 2, 2013
17th Annual Volunteer Appreciation Awards and Luncheon on April 21
Pink Shirt Day (Erase Bullying) on February 28, 2018
Osoyoos Family Day Disco Skate on February 12
2017/2018 Osoyoos Conert Series - Songs of the Southern Belles
OFFICE CLOSED (2018)
The Osoyoos Art Gallery - Driven to Abstraction II
SOAP Theatre Presents OLD LOVE
Osoyoos Lake Water Quality Society - Burger & Beer Fundraiser
2018 Osoyoos Photography Club presents Frame by Frame
Desert Valley Hospice Society - Supportive Care Day Program
Desert Valley Hospice Society - Hearts of Hands
2018 Chamber of Commerce South Okanagan AGM
The 2018 United Way Community Appreciation Celebration
2018 Osoyoos Festival Society Eggstravaganza
The Osoyoos Art Gallery presents ART Spring Palette Show
Business Promoting Business - March 6, 2018
Syilx Water Forum - Connection to the land
Council Meeting Highlights for March 5, 2018
2018 Osoyoos Museum Open House Events
Soroptimist Breakfast Fashion Show
Osoyoos Job Fair March 22 2018
- Release of in camera motion regarding approval of fire hall contract with KMBR Architects and Planners to complete the fire hall final design for the fixed price of $78,345, on a sole sourcing basis.
- Wish Property ALR Exclusion - Applicant’s agent to spoke to application. Council voted 3 - 2 in favour of leaving the Wish Property within in the ALR, voting results to be forwarded to the ALC. ·Fire Protection Agreement – authorized the signing of the Fire Protection amending agreement between the Town of Osoyoos and the Osoyoos Rural Fire Protection District for 2013 and 2014.
- 2014 Council meeting schedule approved.
- Mayor Wells appointed to the RDOS Board with Councillor Rhodes as the Alternate.
- Councillor McKortoff appointed to the Okanagan Regional Library Board, with Councillor Ryan as the Alternate.
- Destination Osoyoos (DO) – Desert Live Music Festival - Council approved providing a portion of the funding in the amount of $15,000 from the Resort Municipality Special Events fund. Volunteers will be urgently needed for this event.
- Boat Trailer parking Lot Lease – 6901 Main Street approved the boat trailer parking lot lease agreement.
- Medical Marijuana Grow Operations (MMGOs) - Administration directed to formulate an approach to processing applications for medical marihuana grow operations in industrial areas.
- Bylaw No. 1085.88 – Council gave second and third reading to the Osoyoos Zoning Bylaw for Home Occupations.
- Christmas Lite-up is on December 6, 2013, the parade starts at 6:30 pm, for more information on local events refer to the Town’s event calendar.
- Dog faeces are a problem at this time of year, owners urged to be “good neighbours”.
Copies of reports are available within the Council Agenda packages located on the Town’s website www.osoyoos.ca.
The public is encouraged to attend the Committee of the Whole meetings which take place in Council Chambers at 9:00AM on the morning of the Regular Open Council meetings at 2:00 PM to learn additional in-depth information regarding upcoming business.
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Special Events
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Parks and Trails Master Plan
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Role of Member of Council
- Regular Council Meeting
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Apply for a Building Permit
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Pay my Property Taxes
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam