You are hereHome › Council Meeting Highlights December 5,2016
Canada's warmest welcome ®* October 16 2017
Council Meeting Highlights December 5,2016
Participate Osoyoos (Mass Registration) on September 13
2017 Terry Fox Run on Friday, September 15
Music in the Park Osoyoos 2017
The Art Gallery Osoyoos presented the Summer Artisan Market
2017 Osoyoos Farmers & Artisan Market
FREE Chronic Pain Management Seminar on September 19
Osoyoos Concert Series - Oh, Canada September 26, 2017
Artists on Main present - The Joy of Colour
South Okanagan Chamber of Commerce - Lunch & Learn - Marketing 101
TGIS - Thank Goodness Its Saturday!
South Okanagan Chamber of Commerce - Business Promoting Business
Fire Prevention Week at Osoyoos Fire Hall on October 11, 2017
ShakeOutBC | Help Us Reach 1 Million on October 19, 2017
The Osoyoos Art Gallery presents Essence of the Animal
A River Film - A documentary film
Public Meeting International Osoyoos Lake Board of Control on October 17
Osoyoos Concert Series presents - BRAVURA November 9 2017
The Game's Afoot or Holmes for the Holidays
Christmas Lite-Up on Friday, December 1, 2017
2017 Soroptimist International of Osoyoos Breakfast Fashion Show
Council Meeting Highlights December 5,2016
- Destination Osoyoos Executive Director presented the 2017 Budget. Ms. Glazer stated that Destination Osoyoos is wanting to refocus on Economic Development. Destination Osoyoos will have a visitor information centre and have people out in the community for next summer.
- Diana Thomas and Rob Rausch from the Osoyoos Airport Development Society presented to Council their request for letter of support for 4 different improvement projects. They have applied to the BC Air Access program for funding on these projects which include Runway extension, Apron Improvements with site clean-up, Runway marking rehabilitation and Perimeter fencing with site clean-up.
- Evelyn Riechert, RDOS Planner presented to Council an update of South Okanagan Regional Growth Strategy (RGS).
REGULAR OPEN MEETING
- Municipal Ticket Information Bylaw No. 1279.10, 2016 was read for the First Three Readings. This bylaw attaches fines to the new Animal Control Bylaw.
- Waste Management Services and Regulations Amendment Bylaw No. 1309.02, 2016 – was read for the First Three Readings. This bylaw increased rates due to increase costs for mattress recycling.
- Development Cost Charge (DCC) Bylaw No.1322,2016 – This Bylaw was adopted. This bylaw changes the Development Cost Charges rates.
- Development Variance Permit Application (DVP16-02) – Council approved and authorized the issuance of the Development Variance Permit No. 16-02 to allow for the sign to remain at the Osoyoos Desert Model Railroad.
- Richter Property Subdivision: Intensive Residential Development (IRD) Permit No. DP16-07 –Council approved the IRD Permit No. 16-07 as presented for the Richter Property Subdivision
- Police Information Check Policy – Council approved the Human Resources Policy-Police Information Check Policy.
- Desert Park Exhibition Society License of Occupation Renewal – Council approved administration to renew the license of occupation with the Desert Park Exhibition Society for an additional 5 year term.
- Council approved the Acting Mayor Appointments which were scheduled for 2016-2017.
- Council approved the 2017 Council Meeting Schedule with the January 2nd and August 8th Regular Council meetings being cancelled.
- Funding for Clean Water and Wastewater Fund Applications –Funding applications have been made and resolutions are required to show that these projects are fully funded. The two motions for the municipal portion of funding were approved by Council.
- 2016/17 Special and Standing Committees –Each year Mayor and Council appoints representatives to Special and Standing Committees. Council approved the appointments to the committees.
- Council approved the Osoyoos Airport Development Society’s application to the BC Air Access Program requests support for four projects and authority to make these improvements.
- Councillor Youngberg attended Santa’s Night out after the Christmas Light Up.
- Councillor Youngberg advises to please report anything that you see going on to the Town or RCMP.
- Councillor Rhodes Thanked the Osoyoos Festival Society for all the events for Christmas Light Up.Councillor Campol encouraged everyone to shop locally.
- Councillor Campol attended the Christmas festivities over the weekend and thanked everyone who volunteered.
- Councillor King encouraged everyone to go out and vote for your favorite Christmas tree at the Festival of Trees.
- Mayor McKortoff attended the Conservation Fund meeting and thanked all those who put on the presentation.
- Mayor McKortoff attended the Water Security Forum held in Penticton.
- Mayor McKortoff attended the School Board meeting with Education Minister Mike Bernier in attendance and the tour of Osoyoos Secondary Schools new timetable.
- Mayor McKortoff Thanked Cathie Basket and Anne Murseli for all their hard work and dedication with the Osoyoos Royalty Program.
Copies of reports are available within the Council Agenda packages located on the Town’s website www.osoyoos.ca.
The public is encouraged to attend the Committee of the Whole meetings which take place in Council Chambers at 9:00AM on the morning of the Regular Open Council meetings at 2:00 PM to learn additional in-depth information regarding upcoming business.
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Special Events
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Parks and Trails Master Plan
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Role of Member of Council
- Regular Council Meeting
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Apply for a Building Permit
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Pay my Property Taxes
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam