You are hereHome › Council Meeting Highlights for July 15, 2013
Canada's warmest welcome ®* January 18 2018
Council Meeting Highlights for July 15, 2013
Public Open House Inflatable Waterpark on December 6, 2017
OFFICE CLOSED (2017)
TGIS - Thank Goodness Its Saturday!
2017/2018 Osoyoos Conert Series - Songs of the Southern Belles
2017 Osoyoos Festival Society 29th Christmas Lite-Up
Osoyoos Art Gallery Christmas Artisan Market 2017
Guided Snowshoe Trek at Mt Baldy on December 14, 2017
Christmas Wreath Making Class on December 9, 2017
2017 Rockin' with Santa on December 16
Desert Model Railroad 13th Annual Food Bank Fundraiser
OFFICE CLOSED (2018)
Invitation Special Open Budget/Capital Plan Meeting on January 18
The Osoyoos Art Gallery - Driven to Abstraction II
South Okanagan Chamber of Commerce - Lunch & Learn
SOAP Theatre Presents OLD LOVE
Family Toboggan Party on January 28 at Mt. Baldy
South Okanagan Chamber of Commerce - Chamber 101
Osoyoos Concert Series Presents The Paperboys January 25
Osoyoos Lake Water Quality Society - Burger & Beer Fundraiser
SOCC - Business Promoting Business Networking Night
- Cottonwood Drive Reconstruction – Council approved a call for tenders for the project for reconstruction of Cottonwood Drive from Highway 3 to Cottonwood Park
- OIB Water Service Agreement – An agreement between the Town and Osoyoos Indian Band will enable provision of water service to the new OIB service station on Highway 3 at 45th Street.
- Sailing Club Land Exchange – Council authorized signing a letter of understanding with the Osoyoos Sailing Club to finalize an agreement to allow for an exchange of property on the north end of the sailing club lease.
- “Y” Area Restoration – Council approved a budget to hire an arborist to assist in identifying invasive species, develop an eradication plan, and provide a planting plan in order to restore the “Y” area and provide guidance for future tree planting in town.
- Weigh Scale Clerk Contract – The contract to provide weigh scale operations was awarded to B & B Wood Grinding for a three year term plus an option for three additional years.
- Tree Removal at Haynes Point Provincial Park – Council approved forwarding a letter to BC Parks, RDOS, and MLA Larsen requesting further information on the recent removal of trees from Haynes Point park.
- Early Loan Repayment – Council approved early payout of funds borrowed through the Municipal Finance Authority under debt issue #60 for sewer infrastructure works. The funds were borrowed as a 25 year debt. The benefit of early payout is a savings of $2,753.91.
- Pre-tender Briefings - Council has requested that staff provide detailed, pre-tender briefing reports on all proposed infrastructure projects.
- Age-friendly BC – Council approved placing the Age-friendly BC initiative within the mandate of the Recreation Committee. The Age-friendly BC Program will allow the Town access to information and grant opportunities for health and well-being of seniors who are ‘active agers’ in the community.
- RV Parking – Following concerns from various residents and visitors regarding where to legally park RVs, Council approved the use of the public parking lot by permit located at 87th and 74th for temporary overnight parking of uninhabited RVs or buses.
- Osoyoos Sailing Club Regatta camping – Council authorized signing of a letter of understanding with the Sailing Club to enable regatta participants to camp on the Club’s leasehold.
Copies of reports are available within the Council Agenda packages located on the Town’s website www.osoyoos.ca. The public is encouraged to attend the Committee of the Whole meetings which take place in Council Chambers at 9:00 AM on the morning of the Regular Open Council meetings at 2:00 PM to learn additional in-depth information regarding upcoming business.
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Special Events
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Parks and Trails Master Plan
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Role of Member of Council
- Regular Council Meeting
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Apply for a Building Permit
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Pay my Property Taxes
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam