You are hereHome › Council Meeting Highlights June 20, 2016
Canada's warmest welcome ®* February 23 2018
Council Meeting Highlights June 20, 2016
Pink Shirt Day (Erase Bullying) on February 28, 2018
Osoyoos Family Day Disco Skate on February 12
2017/2018 Osoyoos Conert Series - Songs of the Southern Belles
OFFICE CLOSED (2018)
Invitation Special Open Budget/Capital Plan Meeting on January 18
The Osoyoos Art Gallery - Driven to Abstraction II
South Okanagan Chamber of Commerce - Lunch & Learn
SOAP Theatre Presents OLD LOVE
Family Toboggan Party on January 28 at Mt. Baldy
South Okanagan Chamber of Commerce - Chamber 101
Osoyoos Concert Series Presents The Paperboys January 25
Osoyoos Lake Water Quality Society - Burger & Beer Fundraiser
SOCC - Business Promoting Business Networking Night
Council Meeting Highlights January 15, 2018
2018 Osoyoos Photography Club presents Frame by Frame
Explore In-Demand Careers
Desert Valley Hospice Society - Supportive Care Day Program
Desert Valley Hospice Society - Hearts of Hands
2018 Chamber of Commerce South Okanagan AGM
The 2018 United Way Community Appreciation Celebration
Council Meeting Highlights June 20, 2016â
- Barbara Leslie, Martina Beck, Coordinator for Aquatic Invasive Species Defence Program and Inspector Tony Sparado gave a PowerPoint presentation on the Invasive Mussel Defence Program. British Columbia currently does not have and do not want Zebra and Quagga Mussels. They are currently operating a station at the Osoyoos border crossing. As of June 1st 2016, 3200 inspections have been completed, 18 decontamination orders, 16 were thirty day drying period, 6 boats did have mussels on them (mainly from Ontario). Prevention is the key to the stop the invasion of Zebra and Quagga Mussels. The Town is happy to assist and promote the program. To learn more visit the Clean, Drain, Dry website.
- That the Fire Hall Temporary Borrowing Bylaw No. 1321, 2016 be read a first, second and third time.
- That a Public Meeting be set for July 4, 2016 at 4:00 PM in Council Chambers for public input on the proposed new DCC Bylaw.
- Council granted approval to offer surplus equipment for sale to the general public at a sealed bid auction
- Council approved the proposed vending sites at Pioneer Walkway, Lions Park and Goodman Park for use by Brennanigan’s Valley Ice Cream and Osoyoos Delights Asian Fusion Snacks as negotiated by administration; AND that the Town signatories be authorized to sign the Vending Site Licence of Use Agreements once they are signed by the applicants
- Council approved that the Canal Trail Paving Project be submitted to the Canada 150 Community Infrastructure Program requesting federal funding in the amount of $59,920.00 to complete the project in the amount of $119,840.
- Councillor Campol attended the dance oasis recital and congratulated the organizers for the great performances.
- Councillors Campol and King attended the Piano in the Park grand opening. Amazing addition and would like to see more.
- Home Hardware will be having a Tea Party on the unveiling of the murals. Come dress up and join in the festivities.
- Encourage residents and visitors to attend the 68th Annual Cherry Fiesta events on July 1st
- Cottonwood Park has had maintenance and improvements done. Encouraged residents to visit.
- Remind everyone of the July 4th Property Tax deadline.
- Mayor McKortoff attended a joint Council meeting with the Oliver Town Council.
- Graduation at the Osoyoos Secondary School is being held on June 29th.
- Miss Osoyoos Pageant is June 30th at 6:00pm at the Sonora Centre.
- Encouraged everyone to attend Music in the Park which begins July 2nd at the Band shell
The public is encouraged to attend the Committee of the Whole meetings which take place in Council Chambers at 9:00 AM on the morning of the Regular Open Council meetings at 2:00 PM to learn additional in-depth information regarding upcoming business.
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Special Events
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Parks and Trails Master Plan
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Role of Member of Council
- Regular Council Meeting
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Apply for a Building Permit
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Pay my Property Taxes
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam