You are hereHome › Council Meeting Highlights from March 3, 2014
Canada's warmest welcome ®* February 23 2018
Council Meeting Highlights from March 3, 2014
Pink Shirt Day (Erase Bullying) on February 28, 2018
Osoyoos Family Day Disco Skate on February 12
2017/2018 Osoyoos Conert Series - Songs of the Southern Belles
OFFICE CLOSED (2018)
Invitation Special Open Budget/Capital Plan Meeting on January 18
The Osoyoos Art Gallery - Driven to Abstraction II
South Okanagan Chamber of Commerce - Lunch & Learn
SOAP Theatre Presents OLD LOVE
Family Toboggan Party on January 28 at Mt. Baldy
South Okanagan Chamber of Commerce - Chamber 101
Osoyoos Concert Series Presents The Paperboys January 25
Osoyoos Lake Water Quality Society - Burger & Beer Fundraiser
SOCC - Business Promoting Business Networking Night
Council Meeting Highlights January 15, 2018
2018 Osoyoos Photography Club presents Frame by Frame
Explore In-Demand Careers
Desert Valley Hospice Society - Supportive Care Day Program
Desert Valley Hospice Society - Hearts of Hands
2018 Chamber of Commerce South Okanagan AGM
The 2018 United Way Community Appreciation Celebration
Click on either button to watch the video of the Committee of the Whole and the Regular Open meetings.
- Report from Okanagan Basin Water Board - Council thanked Mayor Wells for his term as Chair of the OBWB. Mayor Findlater of West Kelowna was appointed chair.
- Water District Rates and Regulations Amendment Bylaw 1242.06, 2014 deferred to the March 17, 2014 regular meeting.
- Water Rates and Regulations Amendment Bylaw 1242.06, 2014 adopted.
- Sewer Rates and Regulations Amendment Bylaw 1065.15, 2014 adopted.
- Waste Management Services and Regulation Amendment Bylaw 1267.06, 2014 adopted.
- 2014 – 2018 Financial Plan (5 Year Financial Plan Bylaw 1304, 2014) adopted.
- Report 7 Form Based Zoning Approach to Implement the SE Meadowlark Area Plan (OCP Amendment Bylaw 1230.14, 2014 (IRDPA Guidelines)) adopted.
- Emergency Program Bylaw 1246, 2014 adopted.
- Report 5 Wish Property - ALR Exclusion Application Kent Macpherson is invited to present their new proposal at a COW meeting.
- Fire Hall Referendum – Possible Timetable - Report presented identifying on a day-by-day basis the timeline leading to a referendum and to meet the 80 day time period according to legislation.
- 2014 – 2016 Business Plan Approval Council accepted the Plan as presented.
- Bayview Crescent/36 Avenue Storm Sewer Project Tender awarded the tender to H & M Excavating in the amount of $133,536.90.
- Desert Live Financial Request Reduced amount requested to $40,000; $15,000 has been committed by Council. Changed dates of music festival to June 27 - July 1. Council approved to fund the additional $25,000 requested from the 2014 Resort Municipality Funds and Community Development budgets.
- Council consented to the adoption of 2014 RDOS Mosquito Control Extended Service Amendment Bylaw 2602, 2014.
- Migratory Bird Cull Services Agreement with Alfred Kole.
- Osoyoos Traditional Archery School – Licence to use 11600 Strawberry Creek Road for use of lands was approved.
- RCMP Fund Transfer Request. Council approved the RCMP request to use previous approved bicycle maintenance funds to assist with improvements to recently-purchased RCMP sport utility vehicle (UTV).
- Community Foundation for South Okanagan Similkameen Council approved an initial allocation from the Community Service Program budget in the amount of $2,500. The community is invited to meet or exceed this allocation to help build the Foundation locally.
- Municipal Election year – November 2014 will be a change to a four year term and on election spending.
- Kraft Hockeyville - Encourage everyone to become a member online to support the Town’s efforts. March 8 announcement on Hockey Night in Canada – Sonora gymnasium will be set up from 6 to 8 pm for residents to view the announcement
The public is encouraged to attend the Committee of the Whole meetings which take place in Council Chambers at 9:00AM on the morning of the Regular Open Council meetings at 2:00 PM to learn additional in-depth information regarding upcoming business.
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Special Events
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Parks and Trails Master Plan
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Role of Member of Council
- Regular Council Meeting
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Apply for a Building Permit
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Pay my Property Taxes
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam