You are hereHome › Council Meeting Highlights for May 15, 2017
Canada's warmest welcome ®* February 23 2018
Council Meeting Highlights for May 15, 2017
Pink Shirt Day (Erase Bullying) on February 28, 2018
Osoyoos Family Day Disco Skate on February 12
2017/2018 Osoyoos Conert Series - Songs of the Southern Belles
OFFICE CLOSED (2018)
Invitation Special Open Budget/Capital Plan Meeting on January 18
The Osoyoos Art Gallery - Driven to Abstraction II
South Okanagan Chamber of Commerce - Lunch & Learn
SOAP Theatre Presents OLD LOVE
Family Toboggan Party on January 28 at Mt. Baldy
South Okanagan Chamber of Commerce - Chamber 101
Osoyoos Concert Series Presents The Paperboys January 25
Osoyoos Lake Water Quality Society - Burger & Beer Fundraiser
SOCC - Business Promoting Business Networking Night
Council Meeting Highlights January 15, 2018
2018 Osoyoos Photography Club presents Frame by Frame
Explore In-Demand Careers
Desert Valley Hospice Society - Supportive Care Day Program
Desert Valley Hospice Society - Hearts of Hands
2018 Chamber of Commerce South Okanagan AGM
The 2018 United Way Community Appreciation Celebration
Council Meeting Highlights for May 15, 2017
- President Dallas Morin of Dalden Global Inc., Gabe Seinmeyer and Pierter Jordaan of BGA Management America presented to Council an economic development proposal that would include a Sister City Agreement with a Town in Israel.
- Request for Proposals to Repair the Town Hall Roof will be going out to the public.
- Council has asked that a report be brought to the Regular Council meeting to discuss the service levels of the Marina Boat Trailer Parking.
REGULAR OPEN MEETING
- Chelsea Cameron Horner, Candidate for Miss Canada Petite stated that she will be representing Osoyoos in the Miss Canada Petite in August of 2017 in Toronto.
- Unsightly Property – 8308 70th Avenue, Lot 11,Plan 3085 DL2450S. Council has deemed the property unsightly pursuant to the Good Neighbour Bylaw No. 1277, 2011 and amendments thereto and that the property owner be ordered to clear the property by May 29th, 2017.
- 2017 Osoyoos Tax Rates Bylaw No. 1330, 2017 was adopted. This bylaw updates the tax rates for 2017, with the due date being July 4th, 2017.
- 5 Year Financial Plan Bylaw No. 1329, 2017 was adopted. Section 165 of the Community Charter requires municipalities to prepare a Financial Plan for a period of five years, which is adopted annually by bylaw. The Charter also requires council to undertake a process of public consultation regarding the proposed financial plan before it is adopted. The Public was provided the opportunity to make a presentation to Council at the May 15, 2017 Regular Open meeting on the Financial Plan Bylaw (see notices on the Town’s website).
- Administrative Fees and Charges Bylaw No. 1269.01, 2017 was read for a first, second and third time as amended by adding that non-profit groups are exempt from the $25.00 fee. Special Event Application Policy include the addition of fees to the Special Event Application Form.
- Recreation Fees and Charges Bylaw No. 1180.11, 2017 was read for a first, second and third time.
- Official Community Plan Amendment No. 1230.19, 2017 (Regional Context Statement Update) was adopted.
- Council accepted the 2017-20 Business Plan as presented by Barry Romanko, CAO
- The Town has advised the Province that we are interested in administering the Victim Services Program for 2017/18 but that the commitment is year to year and will be evaluated again at the next renewal date.
- Council approved administration to submit a project development grant application in the amount of $10,000 to the BC Rural Dividend Program to assist with the funding of a Downtown Revitalization Plan.
- Marina Repairs - Council accepted Osoyoos Shoreline Developments request to a 50/50 cost share on the current damages to the marina and change the agreement to reflect a 50/50 cost share on the “Act of God” damages.
- Council did not allow use of the Boat Trailer Parking lot for local marina lease holders.
- Councillor Youngberg is working on the Medieval Event. The event is to raise money to improve and keep Desert Park in a continuation improvement of the facility.
- Councillor Rhodes reminded residents to be vigilant and be aware of the flood hazard.
- Councillor Campol attended the Move for Health event.
- Councillor Campol attended the School District #53 School Board meeting.
- Councillor Campol is attending the Canada 150 event in Ottawa.
- Mayor McKortoff attended the Hike for Hospice walk.
- Mayor McKortoff advised Market on Main is now happening on Saturdays. May 20th is the Grand Opening of the event.
- Mayor McKortoff advised that the Ducks Unlimited Conference is being held in Osoyoos this weekend.
Copies of reports are available within the Council Agenda packages located on the Town’s website www.osoyoos.ca.
The public is encouraged to attend the Committee of the Whole meetings which take place in Council Chambers at 9:00AM on the morning of the Regular Open Council meetings at 2:00 PM to learn additional in-depth information regarding upcoming business.
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Special Events
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Parks and Trails Master Plan
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Role of Member of Council
- Regular Council Meeting
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Apply for a Building Permit
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Pay my Property Taxes
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam