You are hereHome › Council Meeting Highlights for November 4, 2013
Canada's warmest welcome ®* February 23 2018
Council Meeting Highlights for November 4, 2013
Pink Shirt Day (Erase Bullying) on February 28, 2018
Osoyoos Family Day Disco Skate on February 12
2017/2018 Osoyoos Conert Series - Songs of the Southern Belles
OFFICE CLOSED (2018)
Invitation Special Open Budget/Capital Plan Meeting on January 18
The Osoyoos Art Gallery - Driven to Abstraction II
South Okanagan Chamber of Commerce - Lunch & Learn
SOAP Theatre Presents OLD LOVE
Family Toboggan Party on January 28 at Mt. Baldy
South Okanagan Chamber of Commerce - Chamber 101
Osoyoos Concert Series Presents The Paperboys January 25
Osoyoos Lake Water Quality Society - Burger & Beer Fundraiser
SOCC - Business Promoting Business Networking Night
Council Meeting Highlights January 15, 2018
2018 Osoyoos Photography Club presents Frame by Frame
Explore In-Demand Careers
Desert Valley Hospice Society - Supportive Care Day Program
Desert Valley Hospice Society - Hearts of Hands
2018 Chamber of Commerce South Okanagan AGM
The 2018 United Way Community Appreciation Celebration
- Osoyoos and District Arts Council - A letter of understanding was approved with the Arts Council for use of the Sonora Community Centre and approval was given to proceed with renovations to the stage at Sonora Centre.
- "Y" Property Trees - Council approved a quote from Penticton Tree Service in the amount of $12,075.00 through Resort Municipality Funding for the cleanup of the "Y" property.
- Proposed changes to Federal Reserve Land Policy - a letter will be directed to the federal government expressing concerns with proposed changes in the Federal Addition to Reserve Land Policy. Council further requested that the issue be addressed with MP Atamanenko during future discussions.
- Request for inclusion in Town irrigation system - Council approved the request to include the Hartmann property in the Town of Osoyoos irrigation system with all servicing costs to be borne by the applicant.
- Licence to Use Cottonwood Park - Council approved entering into a two year agreement with 3Phase Adventures Inc. for use of a designated portion of beach area at Cottonwood Park for its water sports equipment rental business.
- Zoning Bylaw Amendment respecting commercial marihuana operations - Council directed staff to prepare an amendment to the Town's Zoning Bylaw for consideration of options for regulating or prohibiting commercial marihuana operations. A report will be brought forward at the December 2nd regular meeting.
- Board of Variance Amendment Bylaw - Council gave first three readings to Bylaw No. 1295.01 for text amendments to the Board of Variance Bylaw.
- TRUE Consulting Engineering provided a presentation at the Committee of Whole meeting on its new Infrastructure Information Management System and presented the Town with digital geographic files of all drawings made by TRUE of Town sites.
- Representatives of the South Okanagan Similkameen Community Foundation provided Council with an update on the Smart and Caring Communities Initiative and circulated the 2013 Vital Signs report outlining the Foundation's stewardship of grant funding for the region.
Copies of reports are available within the Council Agenda packages located on the Town’s website www.osoyoos.ca.
The public is encouraged to attend the Committee of the Whole meetings which take place in Council Chambers at 9:00 AM on the morning of the Regular Open Council meetings at 2:00 PM to learn additional in-depth information regarding upcoming business.
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Special Events
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Parks and Trails Master Plan
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Role of Member of Council
- Regular Council Meeting
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Apply for a Building Permit
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Pay my Property Taxes
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam