You are hereHome › Council Meeting Highlights for October 3, 2016
Canada's warmest welcome ®* February 23 2018
Council Meeting Highlights for October 3, 2016
Pink Shirt Day (Erase Bullying) on February 28, 2018
Osoyoos Family Day Disco Skate on February 12
2017/2018 Osoyoos Conert Series - Songs of the Southern Belles
OFFICE CLOSED (2018)
Invitation Special Open Budget/Capital Plan Meeting on January 18
The Osoyoos Art Gallery - Driven to Abstraction II
South Okanagan Chamber of Commerce - Lunch & Learn
SOAP Theatre Presents OLD LOVE
Family Toboggan Party on January 28 at Mt. Baldy
South Okanagan Chamber of Commerce - Chamber 101
Osoyoos Concert Series Presents The Paperboys January 25
Osoyoos Lake Water Quality Society - Burger & Beer Fundraiser
SOCC - Business Promoting Business Networking Night
Council Meeting Highlights January 15, 2018
2018 Osoyoos Photography Club presents Frame by Frame
Explore In-Demand Careers
Desert Valley Hospice Society - Supportive Care Day Program
Desert Valley Hospice Society - Hearts of Hands
2018 Chamber of Commerce South Okanagan AGM
The 2018 United Way Community Appreciation Celebration
Council Meeting Highlights for October 3, 2016
- Susan Brown, Health Service Administrator for Community – Interior Health Authority Update –Susan gave a presentation outlining the five strategies that Interior Health has prioritized for moving forward and highlighted the strategies that have already been accomplished. To recruit the doctors to the area, it is a collaborative effort between Interior health, other general practitioners, the Province and municipalities. Ms. Brown stated that working collaboratively with the physicians is the first step to recruit new doctors to the area. Ms. Brown stated that the physicians are independent practitioners and are not hired by health authority.
- Joey O’Brien, Managing Director for Mount Baldy gave a presentation on moving forward with Mt. Baldy. The presentation outlined their improvements they have made so far and some of their future plans.
- Students from Osoyoos Elementary School gave a presentation on their plans for attending WE Day. They advised Council that there will be 13 students attending with 3 chaperones.
- Public Washrooms in Gyro Park, Goodman Park and Town Hall will remain open during the winter season of 2016-17
- Staff will be enforcing the existing Cemetery Bylaw.
REGULAR OPEN MEETING
- That Council award Rural Area Twinning Phase 1 – Contract No.1 – System No. 8 Meadowlark Drive to 87th Street Areas to Superior Excavating Ltd.
- Permissive Tax Exemption Bylaw No. 1324, 2016 - That the third reading given to Permissive Tax Exemption Bylaw No. 1324, 2016 be rescinded and that Permissive Tax Exemption Bylaw No. 1324, 2016 be read a third time.
- Traffic Amendment Bylaw No. 1256.02, 2016 – For Adoption, That Traffic Amendment Bylaw No. 1256.02, 2016 be adopted. CARRIED
- Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1085.102, 2016 – First and Second Readings That Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1085.102, 2016 be read for a first and second time. CARRIED
- That a Public Hearing be set for Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1085.102, 2016 (Industrial Airport Lot 1) on October 24, 2016 at 4:00PM PM in Council Chambers. CARRIED
- Housekeeping Amendments -Official Community Plan No. 1230.18, 2016 (Z16-02) – First and Second Readings - That Official Community Plan Amendment Bylaw No. 1230.18, 2016 be read for a first and second time. CARRIED
- Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1085.97, 2016 - That Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1085.97 be read for a first and second time. CARRIED
- That a Public Hearing be set for Official Community Plan Amendment Bylaw No. 1230.18, 2016 and Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1085.97, 2016 on October 24 at 4:30 PM in Council Chambers. CARRIED
- Council approves PLA-017 Near Market Affordable Housing (NMAH Program Guidelines) and PLA-018 Town of Osoyoos Affordable Housing Authority (AFA) policies.
- Council approves The Marina Office and Parking Stall Lease Agreement renewal under the same conditions for a three year term and that the Town’s signing authorities be authorized to sign the agreement.
- Council approves $1250 to offset the costs of the WE Day trip and approve the use of the bus with appropriate insurance in place for the students of Osoyoos Elementary School.
- Councillor Youngberg presented the success of our Osoyoos Secondary School at the small community forum.
- Councillor Youngberg encouraged residents to support another successful year with the Osoyoos Coyotes.
- Councillor Campol attended the 10th Anniversary of Nk’Mip Desert Cultural Centre celebration.
- Councillor Campol attended the Aboriginal enhancement.
- Mayor McKortoff attended UBCM and met with several Minister and the Premier to discuss various issues affecting our community such as the Storm Sewer Upgrades, RMI Funding and Health Issues.
- Mayor McKortoff congratulated Rob Abbott and Felicia Taylor who won make Water Works individual award through Okanagan Basin Water Board. They will get a Water Wise upgrade to the yard for $6,000.
The public is encouraged to attend the Committee of the Whole meetings which take place in Council Chambers at 9:00AM on the morning of the Regular Open Council meetings at 2:00 PM to learn additional in-depth information regarding upcoming business.
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Special Events
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Parks and Trails Master Plan
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Role of Member of Council
- Regular Council Meeting
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Apply for a Building Permit
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Pay my Property Taxes
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam