You are hereHome › Public Hearing - Oasis
Canada's warmest welcome ®* December 11 2017
Public Hearing - Oasis
Remembrance Day Ceremony on November 11, 2017
Public Open House Inflatable Waterpark on December 6, 2017
OFFICE CLOSED (2017)
TGIS - Thank Goodness Its Saturday!
The Osoyoos Art Gallery presents Essence of the Animal
Osoyoos Concert Series presents - BRAVURA November 9 2017
The Game's Afoot or Holmes for the Holidays
2017 Soroptimist International of Osoyoos Breakfast Fashion Show
2017/2018 Osoyoos Concert Series - The Paperboys
2017/2018 Osoyoos Conert Series - Songs of the Southern Belles
The Osoyoos Lake Water Quality Society Public Meeting
South Okanagan Chamber of Commerce Upcoming Events
2017 Desert Valley Hospice Society "Caring Hands"
2017 Osoyoos Festival Society 29th Christmas Lite-Up
Osoyoos Art Gallery Christmas Artisan Market 2017
Guided Snowshoe Trek at Mt Baldy on December 14, 2017
Christmas Wreath Making Class on December 9, 2017
SOCC Business Promoting Business
2017 Rockin' with Santa on December 16
Desert Model Railroad 13th Annual Food Bank Fundraiser
SOCC Upcoming December Events
OFFICE CLOSED (2018)
DESCRIPTION OF PROPOSED DEVELOPMENT
Desert Lagoons Holdings Ltd., Inc. No. BC0729038 “the Developer” has submitted applications to develop the “subject properties” on 9110 & 9120 Main Street for a medical-commercial building and 237 multiple-family units in three medium-rise buildings of 6, 8 & 10 storeys. The first phase will be the medical-commercial building.
The subject properties are legally described as Lot 524, Plan 1949, DL 2450s, Except Plan B7320, & Parcel A (DD 173671F and Plan B7320) of Lot 524, DL 2450s, Plan 1949, Except Plan KAP49156, SDYD.
PUBLIC HEARING -
Monday, August 16, 2010 POSTPONED to Tuesday, September 7, 2010
Public Notice is hereby given that a Public Hearing will be held on Tuesday, September 7, 2010 at 7:00pm in the gymnasium at the Sonora Community Centre located at 8505 68th Avenue, to consider the following bylaws:
Official Community Plan Amendment Bylaw No. 1230.08, 2010 is to change the Land Use Designation of the Subject Properties from “HR- High Density Residential” to “CD – Comprehensive Development”.
Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1085.77, 2010, is to change the zoning of the Subject Properties from “R7-High Density Residential” to “Comprehensive Development Zone (CD8)”.
Phased Development Agreement Authorization Bylaw No. 1272, 2010 is to authorize a Phased Development Agreement (PDA) between the Town of Osoyoos and the Developer for the development of the Subject Properties. Some of the provisions of the PDA include:
• The provisions of Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1085.77, 2010 will be protected for 10-years in exchange for a maximum amenity contribution to the Town of $500,000
• The Town and the Developer may agree as an option to substitute amenity cash with affordable housing units at below market rates.
• The Town and the Developer may agree as an option to offset parkland DCCs in return for dedicating a linear park along Peanut Pond to the Town.
• All buildings will be of concrete construction and consideration will be given to sustainable environmental design.
• A “no tourist accommodation covenant” will apply.
• A servicing agreement requires the Developer to spend nearly $1.12 million in public infrastructure, including extending Vedette Drive through the properties to connect with Highway 3. Also, $264,000 is reserved to improve the existing portion of Vedette Drive including a new road surface, curbs for better road definition, a sidewalk, street lighting and landscaping.
• The PDA can be assigned to a person who acquires fee simple title to all the subject lands, or simple title to one of the lots in the proposed subdivision, unless the proposed assignee is in the Town’s opinion in breach of any bylaw or permit dealing with the use or development of land. The assignee must agree in writing to assume all the obligations of the PDA specific to the subject land.
All persons will be given an opportunity to be heard and to present written submissions on the matter above. Written submissions can be mailed to the undersigned or emailed to email@example.com (the Town will only guarantee that emails sent to this address will form part of the Council Agenda). The deadline for written submissions is 12:00pm Friday, September 3, 2010.
Click here to see the accompanying documents or visit the Department of Planning and Development Services, located at 8711 Main Street from 8:00am to 4:00pm from Thursday, August 5, 2010, to Tuesday, September 7, 2010, excluding Holidays, Saturdays and Sundays.
Alain M. Cunningham, Ph.D., MCIP
Director of Planning & Development Services
Town of Osoyoos
Box 3010, 8711 Main Street
Osoyoos BC V0H 1V0
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Special Events
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Parks and Trails Master Plan
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Role of Member of Council
- Regular Council Meeting
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Apply for a Building Permit
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Pay my Property Taxes
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam