You are hereHome › Request for Proposal (RFP) Commercial Marina Slips
Canada's warmest welcome ®* December 12 2017
Request for Proposal (RFP) Commercial Marina Slips
Remembrance Day Ceremony on November 11, 2017
Public Open House Inflatable Waterpark on December 6, 2017
OFFICE CLOSED (2017)
TGIS - Thank Goodness Its Saturday!
The Osoyoos Art Gallery presents Essence of the Animal
Osoyoos Concert Series presents - BRAVURA November 9 2017
The Game's Afoot or Holmes for the Holidays
2017 Soroptimist International of Osoyoos Breakfast Fashion Show
2017/2018 Osoyoos Concert Series - The Paperboys
2017/2018 Osoyoos Conert Series - Songs of the Southern Belles
The Osoyoos Lake Water Quality Society Public Meeting
South Okanagan Chamber of Commerce Upcoming Events
2017 Desert Valley Hospice Society "Caring Hands"
2017 Osoyoos Festival Society 29th Christmas Lite-Up
Osoyoos Art Gallery Christmas Artisan Market 2017
Guided Snowshoe Trek at Mt Baldy on December 14, 2017
Christmas Wreath Making Class on December 9, 2017
SOCC Business Promoting Business
2017 Rockin' with Santa on December 16
Desert Model Railroad 13th Annual Food Bank Fundraiser
SOCC Upcoming December Events
OFFICE CLOSED (2018)
The Town will consider proposals for commercial slips in the marina as per the current Marina Operations Policy. Some key excerpts from the Policy, the required Marina Moorage Licence Agreement, and proposal evaluation include the following:
- The Request for Proposal must include a detailed operating plan, business case, and information on the vessel(s). The Town’s evaluation criteria will take into consideration overall operations of the marina and environmental impacts.
- There are 2 commercial slips available.
- Storage space will not be available at the Marina.
- The slip rate is $2,000 plus tax for the duration of the 2012 season ending October 31, 2012.
- Maximum length of boats is 26 feet, including swim grid and pulpit.
- Signage will be limited to a joint sign adjacent to the marina providing space for each commercial business to place a sign.
- $3 million in Commercial Liability Insurance is required which names the Town as an additional insured.
- Sub-licensing of commercial Marina slips is prohibited.
- Boat Lifts and Personal Water Crafts (PWCs) are prohibited in the Marina.
- Prior to the issuance of a business licence, all Transport Canada certification and licensing must be met and proven for all equipment and staff.
Please click on the the links below to view the Marina Operations Policy and the Marina Moorage Licence Agreement. Notwithstanding info in this advertisement and without future advertising, Council at its discretion may amend the Marina Operations Policy.
Marina Operations Policy (4.2.4.)
Marina Moorage Licence Agreement
Proposals must be received at Planning and Development Services by Noon (12:00pm) on Friday, May 25, 2012, in a sealed envelope clearly marked “Marina at Lions Park Commercial Slip Proposal”. The Town reserves the right to reject any or all proposals or accept the proposal deemed most favourable in the interests of the Town.
For more information please contact:
Planning and Development Services
Town of Osoyoos
Box 3010, 8711 Main Street
Osoyoos BC V0H 1V0
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Special Events
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Parks and Trails Master Plan
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Role of Member of Council
- Regular Council Meeting
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Apply for a Building Permit
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Pay my Property Taxes
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam