BC PNP Entrepreneur Immigration Regional Pilot
Please note: Town of Osoyoos staff are not able to meet and greet potential applicants or their immigration consultants unless qualified through the official intake process. Please review and follow the steps outlined below. All questions relating to participation in the British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program Entrepreneur Immigration Regional Pilot (BC PNP EI) should be directed to the Province of BC: En.Imm@gov.bc.ca.
For consideration, proposed business start-ups must be classified within the approved North American Industry Classification System Code (NAICS) categories. The Town of Osoyoos will only accept applications for business start-ups focused on the following local priority sectors:
- 722 Food Services and Drinking Places
- 623 Nursing and Residential Care Facilities
- 541 Professional, Scientific and Technical Services
If selected for an exploratory visit, applicants must be present for the visit. Verification documents may be requested prior to qualifying for an exploratory visit. The Town will review up to a maximum of 5 applications per month in the order that they are received.
The application process for Osoyoos is as follows:
- Review BC PNP EI criteria
- Review Osoyoos business resources
- Write an Executive Summary for your business proposal
- Complete and submit the Application Form
- Take part in a Phone or Skype Interview
- Attend an Exploratory Visit
- Write a Business Plan
- Referral to Province for review and decision
Please review the process steps detailed below.
Step 1: Review BC PNP EI criteria
Read about program requirements on the Province's website to ensure you qualify for the pilot.
Eligible applicants must meet all the below criteria:
- Must be a new business from the three sectors identified above
- Minimum of $100,000 in eligible business investments
- Minimum personal net worth of $300,000
- Minimum of 51% ownership
- Minimum of 1 new job created
- Exploratory community visit (invitation only)
For detailed information, please visit: Entrepreneur Immigration - Regional Pilot
Step 2: Review Osoyoos business resources
Please review the resources on the Town’s economic development website, including the South Okanagan Relocation Guide.
Step 3: Write an Executive Summary for your business proposal
Write a 250 word description outlining your business idea. You will need to include the executive summary in your application.
Step 4: Complete the Application Form
After completing Steps 1-3, complete and submit the Application Form. Applications are reviewed on a monthly basis, maximum 5 per month. If you are selected for an interview, you will be notified at the Town of Osoyoos’ discretion. Due to the high volume of applicants, we appreciate your patience at this time.
Step 5: Phone or Skype or Zoom Interview
Approved applicants will be invited to participate in a phone or Skype interview with Town staff. There is a $100 fee for the Interview process.
Step 6: Exploratory Visit to Osoyoos
Following the interview, approved applicants will be invited to visit the community. During the visit, you will be introduced to relevant organizations that may be able to aid you and your family in transitioning to life and running a business in Osoyoos. Please note there is an exploratory visit processing fee of $250.
Step 7: Write your Business Plan
After the exploratory visit, if you and Town staff mutually agree that your business idea is a good fit for the community, you will need to write a business plan, and complete a referral form, and submit both to Town staff for review. The business plan and referral form must be submitted to the Town within 90 days of the exploratory visit.
Resources to assist with the creation of business plans:
Small Business BC
Step 8: Referral to Provincial government
If your business plan and referral form are acceptable to Town staff, the documents will be forwarded to the Provincial government for review. The Provincial review process can take several months to complete.
Please complete the application form below or Click here for printable version.
Make sure to attach all required documentation before submitting the form.
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Plan an Event
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Inkaneep Creek Wildfire
- Main Street (Highway 3) Concept Planning
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Regular Council Meeting
- Role of Member of Council
- Public Hearings
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Book Ice Time
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Know Where to Rent/Purchase Carts for Residential Waste
- Pay by Credit Card
- Pay Property Taxes
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit an Event
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Osoyoos Lake Levels
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam
- Subscribe to eNews