You are hereHome › Boil Water Notice Rural Water Systems 8 & 9 effective April 1
Canada's warmest welcome ®* June 18 2021
Boil Water Notice Rural Water Systems 8 & 9 effective April 1
2021 Council and Committee Meeting Schedule
OFFICE CLOSED (2021)
Notice Special Open Meeting
Art Gallery Opening Waxing Poetic May 27
Boil Water Notice Agricultural Irrigation Systems 8 & 9 effective April 1
The Town of Osoyoos has issued a BOIL WATER NOTICE for Domestic Water Customers served by Agricultural Irrigation Systems 8 & 9 Effective April 1, 2021 until further notice. Please refer to the first three digits (008 or 009) of the account number on your annual utilities invoice, or click System 8 or System 9.
System 8 and 9 Maps will show highlighted parcels - Yellow means BOIL WATER, BLUE means connected to Town Domestic System and is not required to boil their water.
During this time period the water source is switched from groundwater (well source) to Osoyoos Lake surface water supply. While the Osoyoos Lake water is chlorinated, the current disinfection process is not adequate to protect from bacterial, viral and protozoan pathogens that may be present in the surface water source.
The Town of Osoyoos and Interior Health recommend individuals drink boiled water or a safe alternative until further notice.
Agricultural Irrigation Systems 8 & 9 customers water intended for drinking, washing ready to eat fruits and vegetables, making beverages, ice, or brushing teeth should be boiled for one minute.
You may also experience discolored water due to Spring flows. To clear your water please flush your lines by turning on an exterior tap or the bathtub and run cold water for 10 to 15 mins or until water clears.
Interior Health has been consulted, and the public will be notified when conditions change or water quality has improved. The Town of Osoyoos has completed portions within System 8 and 9 for the Twinning projects.
The Town continues to work on ways of providing improvements to our water quality. The public will be notified when these projects are completed.
Please notify tenants, visitors, or other building occupants of the boil water notice.
Thank you in advance for your patience.
If you have any further questions please contact:
Operational Services Department
Box 3010, 11500 115 Street
Osoyoos BC V0H 1V0
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Plan an Event
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Regular Council Meeting
- Role of Member of Council
- Public Hearings
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Book Ice Time
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Know Where to Rent/Purchase Carts for Residential Waste
- Pay by Credit Card
- Pay Property Taxes
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit an Event
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Osoyoos Lake Levels
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam
- Subscribe to eNews