You are hereHome › Council Highlights for December 7, 2020
Canada's warmest welcome ®* February 28 2021
Council Highlights for December 7, 2020
2020 Osoyoos Winter Market
2021 Council and Committee Meeting Schedule
Art Gallery Creativity In Our Community January 7
OFFICE CLOSED (2021)
Art Gallery Opening Quilts Etc February 4
Art Gallery Opening Up Close and Personal March 4
Council Highlights for December 7, 2020
COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE MEETING
- Cameron Baughen, RDOS Solid Waste Management Coordinator, presented to Council about the proposed food waste compost site at the Oliver Landfill, as well as the new grant available through the CleanBC Organics Infrastructure and Collection Program. Council directed staff to bring a report to the next Council meeting on the purchase of curbside collection carts, food waste kitchen catchers, and contracted education programs for the roll out of a residential food waste collection program for the purpose of potentially either supporting the RDOS grant application or submitting an independent Town grant application through the CleanBC program.
- Jared Brounstein, Director of Operational Services, presented a report on Legion Beach and road improvements at the intersection of 89th Street and 62nd Avenue in order to receive feedback from Council.
REGULAR OPEN MEETING
- Revenue Anticipation Borrowing Bylaw No. 1369, 2020 was read for a first, second, and third time. If adopted this bylaw would authorize the Town to borrow up to $1,500,000.00 to meet current expenditures and pay amounts to meet the municipalities taxing obligations.
- Council authorized the issuance of Development Variance Permit No. 20-06. This permit allows for a reduction in the front lot line setback from 6 metres to 4.5 metres at 8311 Kingfisher Drive.
- Council directed staff to respond to the RDOS Electoral Area “A” Bylaw Review, ALR Exclusion Policy & Amendments to RDOS Processing, and Environmentally Sensitive Development Permit Area (ESDP) Designations and Policies with approval subject to:
- That the RDOS give further consideration to amending the draft Area “A” OCP – ESDP guidelines so that they would apply to all environmentally sensitive areas within Area “A” with a caveat regarding exemptions where land is being altered to adhere to fire smart practices.
- That the RDOS give consideration to amending the draft Area “A” OCP to include policies regarding seasonal workers as it relates to the demands of the agriculture industry.
- Council approved the notice of intention to lease a portion of the Sonora Community Center at 8505 68th Avenue to the Okanagan Regional Library for the purpose of a library. If approved this lease would be for a term of three years, commencing in January of 2021 and ending December 31, 2023.
- Council approved the notice of Regular, Committee of the Whole (COTW and Select Standing Committee meeting dates for 2021 by cancelling the July 13th and December 28th COTW, and Regular meetings and that the Community Services Advisory Committee meetings be changed to the third Tuesday of every other month.
- Council approved the Acting Mayor Appointments for 2021. Council is required to appoint an Acting Mayor to act in the place of the Mayor when the Mayor is absent or otherwise unable to act or when the office of Mayor is vacant.
- Council appointed Councillor Harvey to the Okanagan Regional Library Board, with Councillor Bennett as the alternate.
- Council awarded the contract for the delivery of Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus to Rocky Mountain Phoenix Inc. in the amount of $185,078.00 + $9,253.90 GST and authorized the Town’s signatories to enter into a contract for the products specified in the Proposal Documents.
- Councillor Bennett attended the School District #53 meeting on November 18th, where Rob Zandee was elected as Chair and Casey Brouwer was elected as Vice Chair for the School District Board.
- Councillors Bennett and Harvey attended the Destination Osoyoos AGM, where Sally Sharpe and Mike Green were added to the board.
- Councillor Bennett attended the MIABC board meeting.
- Councillor Harvey attended the Okanagan Regional Library Board meeting, where the library budget was approved with a 0.75% increase for 2021.
- Mayor McKortoff attended several online meetings in the past few weeks.
- Mayor McKortoff thanked Smitty’s, Kiwanis, and the Osoyoos Festival Society for putting on the Toys-for-Tots-to-Teens breakfast – they did a great job in handling it very safely.
- Mayor McKortoff noted that Brock Jackson will be doing an interview with Santa on his morning radio show in the upcoming weeks.
- Mayor McKortoff noted that the Christmas lights that Operational Services
haveput up look terrific and that it is great to see all the lights up early this year. The Osoyoos Festival Society is starting to go around and judge Christmas lights around the community.
- Mayor McKortoff encouraged everyone to shop local and noted that many businesses offer curbside pickup or a delivery service.
- Mayor McKortoff encouraged everyone to enjoy the season although we can’t visit as much as we want to.
Monday, 07 December, 2020
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Plan an Event
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Regular Council Meeting
- Role of Member of Council
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Book Ice Time
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Know Where to Rent/Purchase Carts for Residential Waste
- Pay by Credit Card
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit an Event
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Osoyoos Lake Levels
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam