You are hereHome › Council Meeting Highlights for April 22, 2014
Canada's warmest welcome ®* November 13 2019
Council Meeting Highlights for April 22, 2014
2019 Rockin' with Santa on December 21 at Sun Bowl Arena
Halloween Monster's Ball on October 31 at SCC
OFFICE CLOSED (2019)
2019 Committee of the Whole and Regular Council Meeting Schedule
OSOYOOS MUSEUM FREE ADMISSION DAYS
Osoyoos Museum - Annual Christmas Open House
Art Gallery Creativity In Our Community Application Deadline Dec 15
2019-2020 Osoyoos Concert Series
Live at the Summit Music Series 2019 - 2020
2019 Osoyoos Festival Society Annual Christmas Lite Up
Art Gallery Opening Reception for The Way We See It on October 12
Fire Prevention Week Open House and BBQ at Fire Hall on October 12
2019 Empty Bowls Fundraiser November 13
2019 Soroptimists of Osoyoos Fashion Show November 16
Desert Valley Hospice Caring Hands Fundraiser November 23
2019 Christmas Artisan Market Open House November 9
2020 Committee of the Whole and Regular Council Meeting Schedule
Remembrance Day Ceremony on November 11, 2019
2014 Community Service Grants were presented
-Osoyoos Tax Rates Bylaw No. 1305, 2014 read a first, second and third time.
-Museum Parcel Tax Amendment Bylaw No. 1300.01, 2014 read a first, second and third time.
-East Lakeshore Drive Sewer Parcel Tax Amendment Bylaw No. 1182.06, 2014 and East Lakeshore Drive Water System Parcel Tax Amendment Bylaw No. 1183.06, 2014 read a first, second and third time.
-Desert Park Exhibition Society - Council directs staff to charge the non-profit rate as per Fees and Charges Bylaw No. 1180.09 for the use of the Sonora Community Centre.
-Working Alone Policy - Employee to call in at start of shift as well as at the completion of their shift, confined space work would follow specific -Confined Space Procedures. Approved as presented.
-Marina Moorage Licence Agreements Council approves the CAO authorizing the agreements for 2014 and for future years.
-Complaint – Jackpine Lane Closure - Administration to review the Jackpine Lane issue with Operational Services and that impacted residents be invited to meet with Council to bring forward input and suggestions.
-April 22 is Earth Day. April 22, 1977 was first Earth Day. Each person over their lifetime contributes 100 tons of garbage. Osoyoos did poorly in the Earth Hour Challenge.
-Council thanked all the Easter Eggstravaganza event volunteers.
Copies of reports are available within the Council Agenda packages located on the Town’s website www.osoyoos.ca.
The public is encouraged to attend the Committee of the Whole meetings which take place in Council Chambers at 9:00AM on the morning of the Regular Open Council meetings at 2:00 PM to learn additional in-depth information regarding upcoming business.
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Special Events
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Parks and Trails Master Plan
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Regular Council Meeting
- Role of Member of Council
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Apply for a Building Permit
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Book Ice Time
- Claim my Homeowners Grant (HOG)
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Osoyoos Lake Levels
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam
- Know Where to Rent/Purchase Carts for Residential Waste