You are hereHome › Council Meeting Highlights for April 22, 2014
Canada's warmest welcome ®* August 20 2018
Council Meeting Highlights for April 22, 2014
Participate Osoyoos (Mass Registration) on September 12
2018 Terry Fox Run on Friday, September 14
"Family Splash Day" on July 18 and August 15 at Osoyoos Splash Park
OFFICE CLOSED (2018)
2018 Osoyoos Museum Open House Events
2018 Music in the Park
The Art Gallery presents "The 2018 Summer Artisan Market"
70th Annual Cherry Fiesta July 1, 2018
1st Annual Beer Bubbles and Bratz Fundraiser 2018
2018 Osoyoos Desert Society Fundraiser
ORL Maker Crew on July 24
Burrowing for the Owls on September 15
2014 Community Service Grants were presented
-Osoyoos Tax Rates Bylaw No. 1305, 2014 read a first, second and third time.
-Museum Parcel Tax Amendment Bylaw No. 1300.01, 2014 read a first, second and third time.
-East Lakeshore Drive Sewer Parcel Tax Amendment Bylaw No. 1182.06, 2014 and East Lakeshore Drive Water System Parcel Tax Amendment Bylaw No. 1183.06, 2014 read a first, second and third time.
-Desert Park Exhibition Society - Council directs staff to charge the non-profit rate as per Fees and Charges Bylaw No. 1180.09 for the use of the Sonora Community Centre.
-Working Alone Policy - Employee to call in at start of shift as well as at the completion of their shift, confined space work would follow specific -Confined Space Procedures. Approved as presented.
-Marina Moorage Licence Agreements Council approves the CAO authorizing the agreements for 2014 and for future years.
-Complaint – Jackpine Lane Closure - Administration to review the Jackpine Lane issue with Operational Services and that impacted residents be invited to meet with Council to bring forward input and suggestions.
-April 22 is Earth Day. April 22, 1977 was first Earth Day. Each person over their lifetime contributes 100 tons of garbage. Osoyoos did poorly in the Earth Hour Challenge.
-Council thanked all the Easter Eggstravaganza event volunteers.
Copies of reports are available within the Council Agenda packages located on the Town’s website www.osoyoos.ca.
The public is encouraged to attend the Committee of the Whole meetings which take place in Council Chambers at 9:00AM on the morning of the Regular Open Council meetings at 2:00 PM to learn additional in-depth information regarding upcoming business.
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Special Events
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Parks and Trails Master Plan
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Role of Member of Council
- Regular Council Meeting
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Apply for a Building Permit
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Book Ice Time
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Pay my Property Taxes
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam