You are hereHome › Council Meeting Highlights for April 6, 2020
Canada's warmest welcome ®* October 24 2020
Council Meeting Highlights for April 6, 2020
2020 Committee of the Whole and Regular Council Meeting Schedule
OFFICE CLOSED (2020)
RESCHEDULED Large (Bulky) Items Curbside Garbage Collection
2020 Osoyoos Market On Main
Art Gallery Summer Artisan Market Extended Through September 19
The Osoyoos Art Gallery Presents The Okanagan and Beyond
International Osoyoos Lake Board of Control Virtual Public Meeting October 8
9th Annual United Way Drive Thru Breakfast October 8
Art Gallery Creativity In Our Community Application Deadline Nov 21
Osoyoos Credit Union Trick or Treat Main Street Virtual Edition
Council Meeting Highlights for April 6, 2020
Click on button to watch the video of the Regular Open meeting.
- Osoyoos Water District Rates and Regulations Amendment Bylaw No. 1357.01, 2020 was read three times and adopted. The Osoyoos Water District Rates and Regulations Amendment Bylaw amends the due date for rural water bills from June 15, 2020 to August 15, 2020. The Order of the Minister of Public Safety and Solicitor General under the Emergency Program Act, Ministerial Order No. M083 states, “Despite section 135 (3) of the Community Charter, a Council may adopt a bylaw on the same day that a bylaw has been given third reading.”
- Council received a letter from Daniel Bibby, Chair and Kelley Glazer, Executive Director Destination Osoyoos from Destination Osoyoos regarding COVID-19.
- 5 Year Financial Plan Bylaw No. 1361, 2020 was adopted. A number of budget meetings were held to discuss the three 2020-2024 budget including a public consultation on February 18, 2020.
- Waste Management Services and Regulations Amendment Bylaw No. 1309.06, 2020 was adopted. This Waste Management Services and Regulations Amendment Bylaw amends the residential collection rates and landfill tipping fees.
- Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1085.130, 2020 was adopted. This amendment will add the use of Shopping Centre to the C7 Special Commercial Zone – 5820 89th Avenue is the only property in Osoyoos with this zoning.
- Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1085.129, 2020 was read a third time. If adopted this amendment would allow for a residential unit, to be used for employee housing, to be located within the existing commercial building at 5401 Lakeshore Drive (Casa del Milo Oro). This Bylaw is site specific; the use will apply only to the Casa del Milo Oro property.
- Official Community Plan Amendment Bylaw No. 1230.27, 2020 was read a third time. If adopted this amendment to the property described as 2 Braeburn Place would include the subject property in the urban growth boundary and re-designate it in Schedule “A” of the OCP from High Density Residential to Low Density Residential.
- Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1085.131, 2020 was read a third time. If adopted this amendment would rezone the property described as 2 Braeburn Place from R7 High Density Residential to R1 Single Family Residential, which would match the surrounding properties.
- Council accepted the application for the Development Variance Permit No. 20-01 at the subject property of 3 Quail Place. Council authorized staff to proceed with the notification process which advises of Councils intention to consider issuance of Development Variance Permit No. 20-01 at the April 20th Council Meeting.
- Options for Property Tax Due Date and Penalty application report was presented to Council. Council supported Options #3 for a September 18, 2020 due date for Property Taxes and for unpaid balances a 5% penalty after the due date and a 5% penalty on December 31, 2020.
- Council approved funding in the amount of $6,000 from the RMI – Visitor Activity Enhancement program to support the 2020 Dragon-Boat Flag Race subject to the event moving forward.
- Council approved the Desert Sun Counselling and Resource Center Community Service grant application of $5,000 for the Community Kitchen program.
- CAO Chabot encouraged residents to use the Town of Osoyoos website for information on COVID-19 and reminded everyone to follow the orders from the Provincial Health Officer.
- CAO Chabot announced the Town will be opening the washrooms at Pioneer Walkway and Goodman Park.
- Councillor Rhodes thanked staff for opening the Pioneer Washrooms for those travelling through the community.
- Councillor King attended online teleconferences with the Chamber of Commerce, Destination Osoyoos and other levels of government.
- Mayor McKortoff reminded everyone to maintain social distancing, wash your hands often, do not touch your face, stay home especially when you are sick and follow the advice of the Provincial Health Officer.
- Mayor McKortoff encouraged those who want to visit Osoyoos, to stay at your primary residence and the Town of Osoyoos will be ready to welcome visitors at the right time when the pandemic is over.
Monday, 06 April, 2020
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Plan an Event
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Regular Council Meeting
- Role of Member of Council
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Book Ice Time
- Claim my Homeowners Grant (HOG)
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Know Where to Rent/Purchase Carts for Residential Waste
- Pay by Credit Card
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit an Event
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Osoyoos Lake Levels
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam