You are hereHome › Council Meeting Highlights for August 18, 2014
Canada's warmest welcome ®* August 14 2018
Council Meeting Highlights for August 18, 2014
"Family Splash Day" on July 18 and August 15 at Osoyoos Splash Park
OFFICE CLOSED (2018)
2018 Osoyoos Museum Open House Events
2018 Music in the Park
The Art Gallery presents "The 2018 Summer Artisan Market"
70th Annual Cherry Fiesta July 1, 2018
1st Annual Beer Bubbles and Bratz Fundraiser 2018
2018 Osoyoos Desert Society Fundraiser
ORL Maker Crew on July 24
Burrowing for the Owls on September 15
Click on either button to watch the video of the Committee of the Whole and the Regular Open meetings.
Committee of the Whole Regular Open
-Ken and Margaret Singleton – Donation of artwork by George Weber
-Council approved supporting a regional initiative and partner on a 50/50 basis with the Oliver Parks and Recreation Society for the “2014 Pay It Forward Community Initiative” at a silver level ($1,955 plus taxes).
June Income Statements – Town of Osoyoos and Sun Bowl Arena Council received the June 30, 2014 Income Statements for the Town of Osoyoos and Sun Bowl Arena.
-Report 4 Other Lakefront Landscaping Projects - Council approves contracting Five Point Operations Inc. for all of our Other Landscaping Projects at the price of $78,739.08, subject to any small design and cost changes approved by Staff for around the Sailing Club.
-Municipal Insurance Association of BC – AGM Voting Delegate - Mayor Wells was appointed as voting delegate for the 2014 Municipal Insurance Association of BC Annual General Meeting.
-Friends of the Library book sale on Saturday, August 23, 2014 at Town Square from 9 am to 1 pm. Do not bring donated books to the sale, should be taken to the library.
-Summer Curling Bonspiel had 40 teams involved.
For more information see the Town’s Event Calendar
Copies of reports are available within the Council Agenda packages located on the Town’s website.
The public is encouraged to attend the Committee of the Whole meetings which take place in Council Chambers at 9:00AM on the morning of the Regular Open Council meetings at 2:00 PM to learn additional in-depth information regarding upcoming business.
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Special Events
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Parks and Trails Master Plan
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Role of Member of Council
- Regular Council Meeting
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Apply for a Building Permit
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Book Ice Time
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Pay my Property Taxes
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam