You are hereHome › Council Meeting Highlights December 5,2016
Canada's warmest welcome ®* October 21 2020
Council Meeting Highlights December 5,2016
2020 Committee of the Whole and Regular Council Meeting Schedule
OFFICE CLOSED (2020)
RESCHEDULED Large (Bulky) Items Curbside Garbage Collection
2020 Osoyoos Market On Main
Art Gallery Summer Artisan Market Extended Through September 19
The Osoyoos Art Gallery Presents The Okanagan and Beyond
International Osoyoos Lake Board of Control Virtual Public Meeting October 8
9th Annual United Way Drive Thru Breakfast October 8
Art Gallery Creativity In Our Community Application Deadline Nov 21
Osoyoos Credit Union Trick or Treat Main Street Virtual Edition
Council Meeting Highlights December 5,2016
- Destination Osoyoos Executive Director presented the 2017 Budget. Ms. Glazer stated that Destination Osoyoos is wanting to refocus on Economic Development. Destination Osoyoos will have a visitor information centre and have people out in the community for next summer.
- Diana Thomas and Rob Rausch from the Osoyoos Airport Development Society presented to Council their request for letter of support for 4 different improvement projects. They have applied to the BC Air Access program for funding on these projects which include Runway extension, Apron Improvements with site clean-up, Runway marking rehabilitation and Perimeter fencing with site clean-up.
- Evelyn Riechert, RDOS Planner presented to Council an update of South Okanagan Regional Growth Strategy (RGS).
REGULAR OPEN MEETING
- Municipal Ticket Information Bylaw No. 1279.10, 2016 was read for the First Three Readings. This bylaw attaches fines to the new Animal Control Bylaw.
- Waste Management Services and Regulations Amendment Bylaw No. 1309.02, 2016 – was read for the First Three Readings. This bylaw increased rates due to increase costs for mattress recycling.
- Development Cost Charge (DCC) Bylaw No.1322,2016 – This Bylaw was adopted. This bylaw changes the Development Cost Charges rates.
- Development Variance Permit Application (DVP16-02) – Council approved and authorized the issuance of the Development Variance Permit No. 16-02 to allow for the sign to remain at the Osoyoos Desert Model Railroad.
- Richter Property Subdivision: Intensive Residential Development (IRD) Permit No. DP16-07 –Council approved the IRD Permit No. 16-07 as presented for the Richter Property Subdivision
- Police Information Check Policy – Council approved the Human Resources Policy-Police Information Check Policy.
- Desert Park Exhibition Society License of Occupation Renewal – Council approved administration to renew the license of occupation with the Desert Park Exhibition Society for an additional 5 year term.
- Council approved the Acting Mayor Appointments which were scheduled for 2016-2017.
- Council approved the 2017 Council Meeting Schedule with the January 2nd and August 8th Regular Council meetings being cancelled.
- Funding for Clean Water and Wastewater Fund Applications –Funding applications have been made and resolutions are required to show that these projects are fully funded. The two motions for the municipal portion of funding were approved by Council.
- 2016/17 Special and Standing Committees –Each year Mayor and Council appoints representatives to Special and Standing Committees. Council approved the appointments to the committees.
- Council approved the Osoyoos Airport Development Society’s application to the BC Air Access Program requests support for four projects and authority to make these improvements.
- Councillor Youngberg attended Santa’s Night out after the Christmas Light Up.
- Councillor Youngberg advises to please report anything that you see going on to the Town or RCMP.
- Councillor Rhodes Thanked the Osoyoos Festival Society for all the events for Christmas Light Up.Councillor Campol encouraged everyone to shop locally.
- Councillor Campol attended the Christmas festivities over the weekend and thanked everyone who volunteered.
- Councillor King encouraged everyone to go out and vote for your favorite Christmas tree at the Festival of Trees.
- Mayor McKortoff attended the Conservation Fund meeting and thanked all those who put on the presentation.
- Mayor McKortoff attended the Water Security Forum held in Penticton.
- Mayor McKortoff attended the School Board meeting with Education Minister Mike Bernier in attendance and the tour of Osoyoos Secondary Schools new timetable.
- Mayor McKortoff Thanked Cathie Basket and Anne Murseli for all their hard work and dedication with the Osoyoos Royalty Program.
Copies of reports are available within the Council Agenda packages located on the Town’s website www.osoyoos.ca.
The public is encouraged to attend the Committee of the Whole meetings which take place in Council Chambers at 9:00AM on the morning of the Regular Open Council meetings at 2:00 PM to learn additional in-depth information regarding upcoming business.
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Plan an Event
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Regular Council Meeting
- Role of Member of Council
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Book Ice Time
- Claim my Homeowners Grant (HOG)
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Know Where to Rent/Purchase Carts for Residential Waste
- Pay by Credit Card
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit an Event
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Osoyoos Lake Levels
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam