You are hereHome › Council Meeting Highlights January 15, 2018
Canada's warmest welcome ®* April 24 2019
Council Meeting Highlights January 15, 2018
18th Annual Volunteer Appreciation Awards and Breakfast on April 6
Spirit of Osoyoos Community BBQ Fundraiser on May 3
OFFICE CLOSED (2019)
South Okanagan Concert Society - 2019 Concert Season
The Art Gallery presents "Quilts Etc."
OSOYOOS MUSEUM FREE ADMISSION DAYS
Osoyoos Museum - Annual Christmas Open House
Osoyoos Museum Society Annual General Meeting
Osoyoos Museum - The Great Day of Adventure
Farm and Ranch Wildfire Preparedness Workshop
Osoyoos Art Gallery "On The Wall"
CFSO - A Community Conversation on Housing
Burger & Beer Fundraiser - Desert Valley Hospice Society
2019 Soroptimist Spring Fashion Show
25th Annual Easter Eggstravaganza April 20, 2019
SOAP Theatre presents Lawrence & Holloman
The Art Gallery 'Trifocal Perspectives'
NOON OFFICE CLOSURE at Town Hall on April 11, 2019
Volunteers Needed for Pitch-In Week on April 27
Osoyoos Rural Fire Protection District Annual Meeting April 25
Day of Mourning on Sunday, April 28
Hike for Hospice on May 5 - Oliver
Osoyoos Lake Water Quality Society 2019 AGM on May 8
Council Meeting Highlights January 15, 2018
- Council is to consider resolutions to take forward to the Southern Interior Local Government Association.
REGULAR OPEN MEETING
Business Arising from Prior Meetings
- Council discussed the number of Councillors on Council and have decided that Council will remain at 4 Councillors and the Mayor for the 2018 municipal elections.
- Council has directed staff to bring a report to Council identifying the cost associated, benefits and challenges of moving Council meetings to late afternoon and/or evening.
- Council directs staff to send a letter of request to the Provincial Government that Municipal Government should receive a minimum of 50% of the provincial share of the cannabis tax sharing formula.
- Cemetery Bylaw No. 1337, 2017 was adopted. A new 40 Unit Columbarium was installed in the Town’s cemetery this fall and Bylaw 1337 is being brought forward for Council’s consideration to add in fees and charges for the utilization of the Columbarium.
- Revenue Anticipation Borrowing Bylaw No. 1338, 2017 was adopted. This is for renewal of the line of credit with the Bank of Montreal.
- Council approved the 2018 Licence to Use agreement with the Osoyoos Traditional Archery School for use of lands at 11600 Strawberry Creek Road and directed that staff provide a report on possible future use or zoning change to the property.
- Council awarded Aerated Cell #3 Liner Replacement contract to IDL Projects Inc. for $209,693.18 (including contingency and taxes). This liner in aerated Cell #3 has been in service for 39 years which is significantly beyond the anticipated 25 year service life.
- Council awarded Highway No. 3 Storm Inceptor to H&M Excavating Ltd for $630,459.80 (including contingency and taxes). This project is designed to intercept storm water runoff from extreme rainfall events flowing both east and west on Highway No.3 at 85th Street and divert it into a storm sewer system which will take the storm water to Park Place and ultimately Osoyoos Lake. It should be noted that the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure has agreed to pay for 50% of this project, since most of the storm water runoff is from Highway No. 3.
- Council appointed Janette Van Vianen Chief Election Officer pursuant to Section 58 of the Local Government Act for the 2018 general local elections with power to appoint other election officials as required for the administration and conduct of the 2018 general local elections. Brianne Hillson has been appointed as Deputy Chief Election Officer for the 2018 general local election.
- Councillor Youngberg advised that The Okanagan Regional Library, Stephanie Hall, CEO has resigned. Our head librarian has stepped in for the interim.
- Councillor Rhodes advised that the Westbench Dog Park Committee is having a first committee meeting on Wednesday, January 17th, 2018. He encourages anyone who has ideas to forward them onto CJ Rhodes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Councillor Campol attended the School District #53 meeting.
- Mayor McKortoff thanked the Operational Services department for their hard work over the winter holidays.
- Mayor McKortoff encouraged everyone to be alert for pedestrians and be safe during the winter season.
- Mayor McKortoff encouraged groups to apply for the Town of Osoyoos Grant-in-Aid program, the deadline is February 23.
- Mayor McKortoff encouraged everyone to come to the Special Open Budget meeting held Thursday, January 18th at 7:00PM in Council Chambers.
Copies of reports are available within the Council Agenda packages located on the Town’s website www.osoyoos.ca.
The public is encouraged to attend the Committee of the Whole meetings which take place in Council Chambers at 9:00AM on the morning of the Regular Open Council meetings at 2:00 PM to learn additional in-depth information regarding upcoming business.
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Special Events
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Parks and Trails Master Plan
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Regular Council Meeting
- Role of Member of Council
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Apply for a Building Permit
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Book Ice Time
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Pay my Property Taxes
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Osoyoos Lake Levels
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam