You are hereHome › Council Meeting Highlights for July 15, 2013
Canada's warmest welcome ®* July 18 2018
Council Meeting Highlights for July 15, 2013
Annual General Meeting on June 18, 2018
"Family Splash Day" on July 18 and August 15 at Osoyoos Splash Park
OFFICE CLOSED (2018)
2018 Osoyoos Museum Open House Events
2018 Music in the Park
Osoyoos Concert Series & Osoyoos Credit Union - A Children's Festival
Great Day of Adventure
Cactus Jalopies - 14th Annual Desert Wine Tour 2018
Osoyoos Town Centre Renewal Plan Public Forum on June 13
The Art Gallery presents "The 2018 Summer Artisan Market"
70th Annual Cherry Fiesta July 1, 2018
1st Annual Beer Bubbles and Bratz Fundraiser 2018
2018 Osoyoos Desert Society Fundraiser
- Cottonwood Drive Reconstruction – Council approved a call for tenders for the project for reconstruction of Cottonwood Drive from Highway 3 to Cottonwood Park
- OIB Water Service Agreement – An agreement between the Town and Osoyoos Indian Band will enable provision of water service to the new OIB service station on Highway 3 at 45th Street.
- Sailing Club Land Exchange – Council authorized signing a letter of understanding with the Osoyoos Sailing Club to finalize an agreement to allow for an exchange of property on the north end of the sailing club lease.
- “Y” Area Restoration – Council approved a budget to hire an arborist to assist in identifying invasive species, develop an eradication plan, and provide a planting plan in order to restore the “Y” area and provide guidance for future tree planting in town.
- Weigh Scale Clerk Contract – The contract to provide weigh scale operations was awarded to B & B Wood Grinding for a three year term plus an option for three additional years.
- Tree Removal at Haynes Point Provincial Park – Council approved forwarding a letter to BC Parks, RDOS, and MLA Larsen requesting further information on the recent removal of trees from Haynes Point park.
- Early Loan Repayment – Council approved early payout of funds borrowed through the Municipal Finance Authority under debt issue #60 for sewer infrastructure works. The funds were borrowed as a 25 year debt. The benefit of early payout is a savings of $2,753.91.
- Pre-tender Briefings - Council has requested that staff provide detailed, pre-tender briefing reports on all proposed infrastructure projects.
- Age-friendly BC – Council approved placing the Age-friendly BC initiative within the mandate of the Recreation Committee. The Age-friendly BC Program will allow the Town access to information and grant opportunities for health and well-being of seniors who are ‘active agers’ in the community.
- RV Parking – Following concerns from various residents and visitors regarding where to legally park RVs, Council approved the use of the public parking lot by permit located at 87th and 74th for temporary overnight parking of uninhabited RVs or buses.
- Osoyoos Sailing Club Regatta camping – Council authorized signing of a letter of understanding with the Sailing Club to enable regatta participants to camp on the Club’s leasehold.
Copies of reports are available within the Council Agenda packages located on the Town’s website www.osoyoos.ca. The public is encouraged to attend the Committee of the Whole meetings which take place in Council Chambers at 9:00 AM on the morning of the Regular Open Council meetings at 2:00 PM to learn additional in-depth information regarding upcoming business.
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Special Events
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Parks and Trails Master Plan
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Role of Member of Council
- Regular Council Meeting
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Apply for a Building Permit
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Pay my Property Taxes
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam