You are hereHome › Council Meeting Highlights for July 2, 2013
Canada's warmest welcome ®* July 20 2018
Council Meeting Highlights for July 2, 2013
Annual General Meeting on June 18, 2018
"Family Splash Day" on July 18 and August 15 at Osoyoos Splash Park
OFFICE CLOSED (2018)
2018 Osoyoos Museum Open House Events
2018 Music in the Park
Osoyoos Concert Series & Osoyoos Credit Union - A Children's Festival
Great Day of Adventure
Cactus Jalopies - 14th Annual Desert Wine Tour 2018
Osoyoos Town Centre Renewal Plan Public Forum on June 13
The Art Gallery presents "The 2018 Summer Artisan Market"
70th Annual Cherry Fiesta July 1, 2018
1st Annual Beer Bubbles and Bratz Fundraiser 2018
2018 Osoyoos Desert Society Fundraiser
- ‘Form Based’ Zoning Approach to Implement the SE Meadowlark Area Plan – Official Community Plan Amendment Bylaw No. 1230.12, OCP Amendment Bylaw No. 1230.13; and Zoning Bylaw Amendment No. 1085.87 were given first readings. An open house information session will be held on July 16th and a public hearing will be held on July 30, 2013 concerning plans for the Southeast Meadowlark area.
- “Y” Property request for removal of nuisance trees – Council approved moving a budget request to regular council meeting to undertake an assessment the “Y” property trees in order to determine the number and strategy for a “Y” area tree removal program; and provide consulting advice on future tree planting in this area and throughout the community.
- Osoyoos Seniors Centre – Council will provide a letter of support for the Seniors Centre’s application to New Horizons grant program.
- Advisory Design Panel – Four members of the community were appointed as members of the ADP. Councillor McKortoff will serve as the Council representative, with Councillor Ryan appointed as the alternate member.
- Golf Course Lease – Council approved the renewal of the lease between the Town and the Osoyoos Golf Club for an additional five years.
- Desert Park Irrigation Project – Council rejected all tenders for this project and requested a revised strategy concerning irrigation of the south end of the Desert Park leased lands, in consultation with the Desert Park Exhibition Society.
- Medical Marijuana Access Regulations – Federal legislation with regard to medical marijuana access and distribution becomes effective in April, 2014. This topic will be discussed at the annual UBCM convention and Council has requested that staff prepare a report to be brought forward in October that will identify legislative implications for the town.
- 65th Annual Cherry Fiesta and Canada Day Fireworks - Mayor Wells and Council congratulated and thanked everyone involved in organizing the wonderful parade, events, and spectacular fireworks held on Canada Day.
- Splash Park Fundraising – Tickets are still available for the Rotary Club’s Osoyoos Splash Park Raffle, draw date is July 27, 2013.
- Canadian Cancer Society Relay for Life – Council congratulated everyone involved in the successful event held on June 20th.
The public is encouraged to attend the Committee of the Whole meetings which take place in Council Chambers at 9:00AM on the morning of the Regular Open Council meetings at 2:00 PM to learn additional in-depth information regarding upcoming business.
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Special Events
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Parks and Trails Master Plan
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Role of Member of Council
- Regular Council Meeting
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Apply for a Building Permit
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Pay my Property Taxes
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam