You are hereHome › Council Meeting Highlights for July 21, 2014
Canada's warmest welcome ®* April 26 2019
Council Meeting Highlights for July 21, 2014
18th Annual Volunteer Appreciation Awards and Breakfast on April 6
Spirit of Osoyoos Community BBQ Fundraiser on May 3
OFFICE CLOSED (2019)
South Okanagan Concert Society - 2019 Concert Season
The Art Gallery presents "Quilts Etc."
OSOYOOS MUSEUM FREE ADMISSION DAYS
Osoyoos Museum - Annual Christmas Open House
Osoyoos Museum Society Annual General Meeting
Osoyoos Museum - The Great Day of Adventure
Farm and Ranch Wildfire Preparedness Workshop
Osoyoos Art Gallery "On The Wall"
CFSO - A Community Conversation on Housing
Burger & Beer Fundraiser - Desert Valley Hospice Society
2019 Soroptimist Spring Fashion Show
25th Annual Easter Eggstravaganza April 20, 2019
SOAP Theatre presents Lawrence & Holloman
The Art Gallery 'Trifocal Perspectives'
NOON OFFICE CLOSURE at Town Hall on April 11, 2019
Volunteers Needed for Pitch-In Week on April 27
Osoyoos Rural Fire Protection District Annual Meeting April 25
Day of Mourning on Sunday, April 28
Hike for Hospice on May 5 - Oliver
Osoyoos Lake Water Quality Society 2019 AGM on May 8
Art Gallery Opening Reception for Authenticity on May 2
Click on either button to watch the video of the Committee of the Whole and the Regular Open meetings.
Committee of the Whole Regular Open
- Presentation by Lauren Sherwood, BC Ambassador Program
-Alterations to RV’s in Recreational Vehicle Parks - Develop a bylaw addressing maximum size and type of RV unit permitted within an RV park and prohibiting or closely regulating alterations or additions to RV units. Staff to report on taxation assessments for year-round RV residences. Seek a legal opinion on enforcement options and legal non-conforming units.
- Zoning Amendment for Osoyoos Desert Model Railroad at 11611 – 115th Street. Council read first and second time and will proceed to a public hearing on Tuesday, August 12, 2014 at 7:00pm in Council Chambers.
- Election Cost Sharing Agreements - Council approve the election cost-sharing agreements with the RDOS and School District No. 53 for the 2014 Elections.
- Sewer Capacity Study - Council accept the report from the CAO dated July 21, 2014 to be used in the 5 year Capital and Business Planning process.
- Spartan Drive Hammerhead Turnaround - Council approve the second design option that would only involve the additional expenditure to move the light pole.
- UBCM Ministerial Meetings - Request more authority to apprehend prior to issuance of a warrant. Re-engage with MOT planning concerning blind corner/bump out in front of Owl Pub and the need to improve visibility from south to north; or possibly to add a right turn only arrow. Council directs Administration to submit meeting requests on all or some of the identified issues.
- Remind everyone that there is NO burning of any sort permitted on private or public property.
- BC Transit had a booth at the Osoyoos Town Hall Square on Wednesday, July 23 from 5:30pm to 8:30pm.
The public is encouraged to attend the Committee of the Whole meetings which take place in Council Chambers at 9:00AM on the morning of the Regular Open Council meetings at 2:00 PM to learn additional in-depth information regarding upcoming business.
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Special Events
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Parks and Trails Master Plan
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Regular Council Meeting
- Role of Member of Council
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Apply for a Building Permit
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Book Ice Time
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Pay my Property Taxes
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Osoyoos Lake Levels
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam