You are hereHome › Council Meeting Highlights for June 2, 2014
Canada's warmest welcome ®* August 14 2018
Council Meeting Highlights for June 2, 2014
"Family Splash Day" on July 18 and August 15 at Osoyoos Splash Park
OFFICE CLOSED (2018)
2018 Osoyoos Museum Open House Events
2018 Music in the Park
The Art Gallery presents "The 2018 Summer Artisan Market"
70th Annual Cherry Fiesta July 1, 2018
1st Annual Beer Bubbles and Bratz Fundraiser 2018
2018 Osoyoos Desert Society Fundraiser
ORL Maker Crew on July 24
Burrowing for the Owls on September 15
Click on either button to watch the video of the Committee of the Whole and the Regular Open meetings.
Committee of the Whole Regular Open
- Licensing and Control of Dogs Bylaw No. 1037, 1997 – Dogs on Leashes - Bring forward to 2015 for Council to review the bylaw with a view to an on-leash requirement at all times. Staff to produce a report concerning exceptions for dogs with respect to goose control circumstances.
- Noxious and Unwanted Plant Species in Town – Staff requested to follow up by exploring a nuisance/noxious weed bylaw for elm and other invasive species such as puncture vine, with the Town to move forward by removing noxious species and replacing with plantings of proper shade tree species on public lands. Director Van Vianen noted the elm species is not included in the bylaw.
- Splash Park Grand Opening – Grand Opening and presentations to be held on Friday, June 6, 2014 from 3 to 5 pm
- Wish Property ALR Exclusion Application - Council resolved that voting results on the ALR exclusion application be forwarded to the ALC, They were as follows: Council exercise its discretion to not hold a public meeting with regard to the removal of the Wish property lands from the ALR. CARRIED 3 – 2, Council send a letter of support to the ALC for the property to be excluded from the ALR for the urban land uses and facilities shown in Kent Macpherson’s latest revised application of May 27, 2014, including agreement in principle to pursue development of a larger full-service aquatic centre for mutual benefit of the applicant and the Town. CARRIED 4 - 1
- Bylaw Enforcement Officer Appointments - Katie Church, Meranda Isnardy, and Brody Turnbull appointed Bylaw Enforcement Officers for the purposes of enforcement of municipal bylaws.
- Sewer Capacity Study – Report to be put forward for public comment until July 7 and brought back to the July 21, 2014 Council meeting.
- Council approved the Employee Service Recognition Policy and directs Administration to implement a 2014 program.
- Council approved the implementation of the Progressive Discipline Policy.
- Council agreed to the Gyro Beach Concession Lease Agreement Addendum concerning food items sold during special events.
Copies of reports are available within the Council Agenda packages located on the Town’s website.
The public is encouraged to attend the Committee of the Whole meetings which take place in Council Chambers at 9:00AM on the morning of the Regular Open Council meetings at 2:00 PM to learn additional in-depth information regarding upcoming business.
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Special Events
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Parks and Trails Master Plan
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Role of Member of Council
- Regular Council Meeting
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Apply for a Building Permit
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Book Ice Time
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Pay my Property Taxes
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam