You are hereHome › Council Meeting Highlights for March 18, 2019
Canada's warmest welcome ®* June 1 2020
Council Meeting Highlights for March 18, 2019
2020 Committee of the Whole and Regular Council Meeting Schedule
OFFICE CLOSED (2020)
Oliver Osoyoos Wine Country Pig Out Festival May 2
NOTICE Regular Open Meeting of May 4, 2020 Cancelled
2020 Virtual Hike for Hospice until May 31
Mental Health Wellness In COVID-19 Crisis Workshop
Agriculture Wildfire Preparedness Information Exchange
Council Meeting Highlights for March 18, 2019
Click on button to watch the video of the Committee of the Whole, Regular Open Meeting.
- Council referred the Park Naming Policy to the next Regular Open meeting of Council on April 1, 2019 for discussion and debate.
- Council directed staff to prepare an updated Sidewalk Use policy and bylaw amendments for Council consideration at a later date.
- Council directed staff to forward the draft 2019-2021 Resort Development strategy to the Ministry for comment.
- Council reviewed the Policy CCL-004 (Flag Policy) and directed administration to move it to the next Regular meeting of Council for discussion and debate.
REGULAR OPEN MEETING
- Waste Management Services and Regulations amendment Bylaw No. 1309.05, 2019 was adopted. This Bylaw was established to set regulations for services to collect and dispose of solid waste and recyclable materials within the Town of Osoyoos, and for materials accepted at the Osoyoos Sanitary landfill.
- Museum Parcel Tax Amendment Bylaw No. 1300.04, 2019 was read three times. Museum Parcel Tax Bylaw 1300 was established in 2013 to enable the purchase of the future museum property currently occupied by Osoyoos Home Builders and needs to be annually updated to ensure the rate is consistent with the rate being charged to area “A” residents.
- 5 Year Financial Plan Bylaw No. 1349, 2019 was adopted. A number of budget meetings were held to discuss the 2019-2023 budget including a public consultation on January 30th, 2019. The 5 Year Financial Plan Bylaw No. 1349, 2019, is now being presented for Council consideration. Council directed staff to allow for the public to provide input into the financial plan on March 18, 2019, prior to Council consideration of adoption.
- Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1085.115, 2019 was tabled. This Zoning Amendment bylaw is to allow for a site specific retail cannabis store to be located at 7603 Spartan Dr.
- Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1085.118, 2019 was read a first and second time. The purpose of this report is to allow for a site specific retail cannabis store to be located at 9143 Main St. (Units 1 & 2). A public hearing be set for April 1, 2019 at 4:00pm in Council Chambers.
- Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1085.114, 2018 was read a third time. This Bylaw proposes to rezone the property from R1 Single Family Residential to R2 Single Family Residential Small Lot.
- Business Licence Amendment Bylaw No. 1045.34, 2019 was adopted. This Bylaw is amended to include issuing retail cannabis store business licences. Noting that a business licence could only be issued if a site specific zoning was in place for the proposed business location.
- Council approved the 2019-2022 Business Plan as presented.
- Business Licence Amendment Bylaw No. 1045.35, 2019 was read three times. This Business Licence Bylaw Amendment is proposed revisions to increase options for potential food vendor operators, streamline the application process.
- Council moved to adopt revised Policy PLA-016 (Street Food Vendor Selection and Approval Policy).
- Council authorized the Mayor, on behalf of Council, to provide a letter of support to the RCMP Day Committee of Vernon for their efforts to move forward with a petition signed by Canadian citizens that will be directed to the Province of British Columbia and the Government.
- Council directed the administration to write a letter to the Minister responsible for WorkBC services for the Mayor’s signatures, which expresses a concern as to the promotion of increased services when in fact the WorkBC office in Osoyoos is being centralized in Oliver and that the services of the WorkBC office in Osoyoos be reopened by the new contractor.
- Councillor King met with the Airport Society.
- Councillor King attended the open house at the Art Gallery
- Councillor King attended the South Okanagan Chambers Business after Business.
- Councillor King attended the Desert Park AGM.
- Councillor King attended the Atom Fiesta and thanked all the volunteers.
- Councillor Bennett attended the South Okanagan Community Foundations meeting.
- Councillor Bennett attended meeting with MP and other local government officials and Air Canada to discuss the flight changes in Penticton. He encourages everyone to complete the Penticton Airport Flight Service Survey: https://www.shapeyourcitypenticton.ca/penticton-airport
- Councillor Bennett attended the South Okanagan Chamber Business after Business meeting.
- Councillor Bennett attended the School District #53 meeting.
- Mayor McKortoff attended the Desert Centre presentation on seeds.
- Mayor McKortoff attended the 45th Atom Fiesta and congratulated the South Okanagan team for coming 2nd.
Monday, 18 March, 2019
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Plan an Event
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Regular Council Meeting
- Role of Member of Council
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Book Ice Time
- Claim my Homeowners Grant (HOG)
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Know Where to Rent/Purchase Carts for Residential Waste
- Pay by Credit Card
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit an Event
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Osoyoos Lake Levels
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam