You are hereHome › Council Meeting Highlights for May 10, 2022
Canada's warmest welcome ®* May 25 2022
Council Meeting Highlights for May 10, 2022
2022 Council and Committee Meeting Schedule
Community Services Advisory Committee Meeting
Accessibility and Age Friendly Committee Meeting
South Okanagan Aquatic Centre Advisory Committee Meeting
The Art Gallery Osoyoos presents 'Fabrinata' Paintings in Fabric
NOTICE OF MEETING CANCELLATION
The Art Gallery Osoyoos presents 'We Are Of The Land' May 7-28, 2022
2022 Music In The Park
The Art Gallery Osoyoos presents 'The Summer Artisan Market' June 4- Sept 5, 2022
Council Meeting Highlights for May 10, 2022
COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE MEETING
Petititons and Delegations
- Principal Dave Foster, Teacher Ryan Miller and Students from Osoyoos Elementary School made a presentation to Council about the School Garden and inquired about financial support and compost. Director of Operational Services Jared Brounstein advised that the Town can provide compost for the project.
- Gerald Davis, Director of Community Services presented the Community Services First Quarter Report to Council.
- Brianne Hillson, Director of Corporate Services presented the Corporate Services First Quarter Report to Council.
- Fire Chief Corey Kortmeyer presented the Fire Department's First Quarter Report to Council.
- Jared Brounstein, Director of Operational Services presented the Operational Services First Quarter Report to Council.
- Gina MacKay, Director of Planning and Development Services presented Planning and Development's First Quarter Report to Council.
REGULAR OPEN MEETING
- Council approved Zoning Amendment application Z22-05. Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1085.142, 2022 was read for a first and second time. If adopted this bylaw would allow for the rezoning of the property at 4008 Oleander Drive from R1 Single Family to R2 Single Family Residential Small Lot to allow the owner to subdivide and create one new small residential lot. A Public Hearing is scheduled for Tuesday May 24, 2022 at 2:00 PM in Council Chambers.
- Council approved Zoning Amendment Application Z22-03. Official Community Plan Amendment Bylaw No. 1375.01, 2022 and Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1085.141, 2022 were read for a first and second time. If adopted these amendments would allow for a residential development of 5 townhomes and 17 condominiums to be located at 7808 Spartan Drive. Council resolved that a public meeting (open house) be held on May 31, 2022 as required under the Local Government Act.
- Council approved Zoning Amendment Application Z21-05 and Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1085.136, 2021 was read for a first and second time. If adopted these amendments would allow for a 40 unit townhome development on the eastern portion of the property located at 5003 Lakeshore Drive and a small Cafe on the western portion. A Public Hearing is scheduled for Tuesday May 24, 2022 at 2:00 PM in Council Chambers.
- Administrative Fees and Charges Bylaw No. 1331.02, 2022 was adopted. This amendment updates fees and charges listed in Schedule "A" and "B" of this Bylaw.
- 5 Year Financial Plan Amendment Bylaw No. 1376.01, 2022 was adopted. The purpose of this amendment is to update the Town's budget to reflect changes that have happened since adoption on February 22, 2022.
- Osoyoos Tax Rate Bylaw No. 1378, 2022 was adopted. This bylaw is in line with the 5 Year Financial Plan and includes a 4.5% increase to municipal property taxes.
- Museum Parcel Tax Amendment Bylaw 1300.07, 2022 was adopted. This bylaw was established to enable the purchase of the Museum property located at 8702 Main Street. This bylaw is updated annually to ensure parcel tax rates are consistent with the rate being charged to Area "A" residents. The 2022 rate established for Osoyoos is $15.50.
Business Items to Report from In-Camera
- Council approved the one remaining unreserved slip at the Osoyoos Marina as a commercial slip and directed Staff to advertise the slip with an expression of interest and minimum payment of $2000.00 for the Year. Starting in 2023, Council approved 4 commercial slips to be part of the Marina Operations Agreement.
Councillor and Mayor Reports
- Councillor Bennett will be attending the Trail of the Okanagans meeting on May 13, 2022
- Councillor Harvey attended the Library Board meeting.
- Councillor King attended the Accessibility and Age Friendly Committee meeting.
- Mayor McKortoff attended the opening of Osoyoos Lawn Bowling.
- Mayor McKortoff attended the Desert Centre opening
- Mayor McKortoff attended the Easter Eggstravaganza
- Mayor McKortoff attended a meeting regarding RCMP contract.
- Mayor McKortoff attended the Osoyoos Spring Festival.
- Mayor McKortoff and Councillor Harvey attended the School District #53 meeting.
- Mayor McKortoff and Councillor Rhodes attended the Regional District Board meeting.
- Mayor McKortoff, Councillor King and Councillor Bennett attended the Southern Interior Local Government Association Convention.
- Mayor McKortoff encouraged everyone to attend the Osoyoos Farmers' Market which is held on Saturdays in Town Square.
Tuesday, 10 May, 2022
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Plan an Event
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Inkaneep Creek Wildfire
- Main Street (Highway 3) Concept Planning
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Regular Council Meeting
- Role of Member of Council
- Public Hearings
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Book Ice Time
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Know Where to Rent/Purchase Carts for Residential Waste
- Pay by Credit Card
- Pay Property Taxes
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit an Event
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Osoyoos Lake Levels
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam
- Subscribe to eNews