You are hereHome › COVID-19
Canada's warmest welcome ®* September 22 2021
2021 Terry Fox Virtual Run Sunday, September 19
2021 Council and Committee Meeting Schedule
OFFICE CLOSED (2021)
Notice Special Open Meeting
Art Gallery Summer Artisan Market June 24 through September 6
Art Gallery Opening The Beauty of Creation September 9
Road Closure Notification - 89th Street
UPDATES on Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Check this page regularly for ongoing updates on the Coronavirus situation as it relates to Town of Osoyoos facilities, programs, services and events.
Province-wide Restrictions - September 2, 2021
The Province of British Columbia has introduced new public health orders to manage COVID-19 activity. A summary of the new restrictions are listed below.
For more information, please CLICK HERE.
Visitors to all Town of Osoyoos indoor facilities are required to wear a mask.
Please contact the Sonora Centre (250-495-6562 or email@example.com) for any questions regarding impact to recreational and exercise programs.
• Masks are mandatory in all indoor public spaces for people 12 years and older.
• Low-intensity indoor group exercise is permitted to a maximum 10 people per class. High-intensity indoor group exercise is not permitted.
• Outdoor group exercise is permitted up to 50 people per class.
• Gatherings in vacation rentals are limited to five guests or one additional household.
• Indoor personal gatherings are limited to five guests or one other household.
• Outdoor personal gatherings (e.g. birthday parties, backyard BBQs, block parties) are limited to no more than 50 people.
• Organized indoor gatherings (e.g. weddings, funerals, seated events) are limited to 50 people, and outdoors gatherings are limited to 100 people, both requiring a COVID-19 safety plan.
COVID-19 RELATED COMPLAINTS
To make a complaint related to an infraction of the Province of BC's Health Orders on COVID-19, please call Interior Health at 250.770.5540
If you have already received your vaccine or are registered to get your vaccine soon – thank you.
If you haven’t yet registered, please register today through one of the following options:
1. Online: Go to https://www.getvaccinated.gov.bc.ca/s/
2. By phone: Call 1-833-838-2323, seven days a week, 7 am to 7 pm (PDT). Translators are available.
When you register, you will receive a confirmation number right away. Very soon afterward, you will be notified by text, email or phone call to book your vaccine appointment.
Interior Health Contact Information
For non-medical questions or concerns about COVID-19, a provincial phone service has been established for British Columbians. They are open 7 days a week from 7:30am to 8:00pm and can be reached at 1-888-COVID19 (1-888-268-4319) or by text at 604-630-0300.
Posted November 13 @ 9:30am
COVID-19 Immunization Campaign Q&A
Posted March 12, 2021
Interior Health COVID-19 Pandemic Response
Posted January 4, 2021
The Town of Osoyoos is monitoring the COVID-19 situation closely to ensure we continue to respond to emerging issues as they relate to Town facilities, programs, services and events. This includes following the direction of Interior Health, British Columbia Centre for Disease Control or the Government of Canada.
While the COVID-19 situation is changing daily around the world, we are mindful that our community is concerned about the potential impact of the further spread of the coronavirus and we are acting accordingly to do what we can to support public safety.
- IF YOU ARE SICK OR EXPERIENCING FLU LIKE SYMPTOMS PLEASE DO NOT ENTER or USE THESE FACILITIES.
- If you make an appointment you will be asked to fill out a “Visitor Screening Form” before entering the premises.
- Please practice social/physical distancing at these locations/facilities.
- You must wear a mask
|Town Hall||250.495.6515||9AM-4PM Monday-Friday (Excluding Statutory Holidays)|
|Sonora Community Centrefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Sunbowl Arena||250.495.6562||Contact Sonora Community Centre for more information.|
|Goodman Park Washroomemail@example.com|
|Osoyoos Regional Library||250.860.4033||Please refer to their website.|
|Osoyoos& District Sanitary Landfillfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Outdoor Pickleball Courtsemail@example.com|
|Parks & Trails (unless identified below)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Play Structure at Kinsmen Parkemail@example.com|
|Play Structure at Lions Parkfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|West Bench Complexemail@example.com|
A variety of payment methods are available:
- Drop off payment slot at Town Office (8707 Main Street)
- Telephone/Internet Banking/etransfer Post Dated Cheques
- Bill payment with your local Financial Institution
- NEW Credit Card Payments
*If making your payment through Telephone or Internet banking your account number is the folio/roll number located at the top right of your tax notice. Enter with no spaces and no decimals, i.e. 55600987000.
For more information and updates, including answers to frequently asked questions and translated information, please consult the following resources:
Interior Health Website
First Nations Health Authority
Government of Canada Website
British Columbia Centre for Disease Control Website
Service Canada Ready to Help Youth
Service Canada Ready to Help Seniors
Service Canada Ready to Help Businesses
On behalf of Town Council and Staff we thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation on this matter.
|Town of Osoyoos
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Plan an Event
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Inkaneep Creek Wildfire
- Main Street (Highway 3) Concept Planning
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Regular Council Meeting
- Role of Member of Council
- Public Hearings
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Book Ice Time
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Know Where to Rent/Purchase Carts for Residential Waste
- Pay by Credit Card
- Pay Property Taxes
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit an Event
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Osoyoos Lake Levels
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam
- Subscribe to eNews