You are hereHome › Earth Hour - What will YOU do Saturday March 29?
Canada's warmest welcome ®* February 25 2020
Earth Hour - What will YOU do Saturday March 29?
Family Day Skate at Sun Bowl Arena on February 17
19th Annual Volunteer Appreciation Awards and Luncheon on April 18
Invitation Special Open Budget/Capital Plan Meeting on February 18
Osoyoos Concert Series - Ken Lavigne January 23
Live at the Summit Music Series 2019 - 2020
2020 Committee of the Whole and Regular Council Meeting Schedule
OFFICE CLOSED (2020)
Osoyoos Concert Series - Company B Jazz Band February 22
Art Gallery Opening Reception: Creativity in Our Community January 11
Hootenanny for Hospice Fundraiser March 14
Oliver Osoyoos Wine Country Pig Out Festival May 2
Osoyoos Fireworks Valentine's Day Dance February 8
2020 SO Chamber of Commerce Member Orientation January 28
FOODSAFE Course March 2, 2020
Art Gallery Master and Pupil February 10 to 29
Earth Hour - What will you do Saturday March 29 from 8:30 to 9:30pm?
In Nigeria, it motivated twelve young people to walk over three thousand kilometres through Nigeria, Niger, Mali, the Ivory Coast, Ghana, Togo and Benin, finishing in Nigeria’s financial capital, Lagos—and all along the way, it motivated them to promote a culture of peace and to create awareness about environmental sustainability.
In Tahiti, it motivated people to organize a huge concert in the main stadium —but instead of needing a ticket, people have to bring recyclable waste to get access, entering on a red carpet where they will be photographed sorting the waste materials they brought.
In Isfahan, Iran, it motivated people to create a massive Earth Hour logo in the dried-out riverbed of the Zayanderud River, whose water has been affected by climate change and diverted to the city of Yazd, threatening the livelihoods of Isfahan’s farmers and leaving the once-famous river dry.
Here in British Columbia we have been given a far easier challenge—simply to turn out the lights for an hour. By saving energy for an hour, we are supposed to show our commitment to the wider goals of tackling climate change, saving threatened species, and generally creating a better future.
But what if the code inspired us to do more?
We welcome your thoughts—and more importantly, your actions. What will you do this Saturday evening, motivated by the code?
Send you stories to firstname.lastname@example.org, and next week we will bring you the best.
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Special Events
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Regular Council Meeting
- Role of Member of Council
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Book Ice Time
- Claim my Homeowners Grant (HOG)
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Know Where to Rent/Purchase Carts for Residential Waste
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit an Event
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Osoyoos Lake Levels
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam