You are hereHome › Public Hearing - Sign Bylaw
Canada's warmest welcome ®* August 16 2018
Public Hearing - Sign Bylaw
Participate Osoyoos (Mass Registration) on September 12
"Family Splash Day" on July 18 and August 15 at Osoyoos Splash Park
OFFICE CLOSED (2018)
2018 Osoyoos Museum Open House Events
2018 Music in the Park
The Art Gallery presents "The 2018 Summer Artisan Market"
70th Annual Cherry Fiesta July 1, 2018
1st Annual Beer Bubbles and Bratz Fundraiser 2018
2018 Osoyoos Desert Society Fundraiser
ORL Maker Crew on July 24
Burrowing for the Owls on September 15
Public Notice is hereby given that a Public Hearing in regards to Osoyoos Sign Bylaw No 1282, 2011, will be held on Tuesday, October 11, 2011, at 7:00pm in Room 5 (upstairs) of the Sonora Community Centre located at 8505 - 68th Ave.
Please click link to view the Agenda.
The objectives of the Sign Bylaw are to:
(1) Promote the Town’s aesthetic attractiveness as a resort community.
(2) Promote effective advertising that informs rather than confuses customers, and avoids excessive visual competition between signs.
(3) Limit distractions from commercial signs for the safety of drivers and pedestrians.
(4) Minimize nuisances from signs in residential neighbourhoods.
(5) Promote “dark sky” protection.
(6) Promote energy conservation.
(7) Regulate safe sign placement, construction and maintenance.
All persons will be given an opportunity to be heard and to present written submissions on the matter above. Written submissions can be mailed to the undersigned or emailed to email@example.com (The Town will only guarantee that emails received to this address will form part of the Council Agenda). The deadline for written submissions is 12:00pm (Noon) Friday, October 7, 2011.
A copy of the amendment bylaw may be reviewed by clicking here or the Department of Planning and Development Services, located at 8711 Main Street from 8:00am to 4:00pm from Wednesday, September 28, 2011, to Tuesday, October 11, 2011, excluding Holidays, Saturdays and Sundays.
Alain M. Cunningham, Ph.D., MCIP
Director of Planning & Development Services
Town of Osoyoos
Box 3010, 8711 Main Street
Osoyoos BC V0H 1V0
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Special Events
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Parks and Trails Master Plan
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Role of Member of Council
- Regular Council Meeting
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Apply for a Building Permit
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Book Ice Time
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Pay my Property Taxes
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam